Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Marvel is ripping off its own shots! They totally redid the flight into Wakanda shot!

After finishing it, Shang-Chi was way better than I expected. Still feels cowardly not to include one completely over the top wire work scene, otherwise it’s A+. No idea how Michelle Yeoh is still pulling off these moves at her age. I need to re-watch Crouching Tiger, what a fucking incredible movie that was, completely fearless in its vision.

Early oscar odds

I still need to see all the contenders.

But is Will Smith really -280 for King Richard? Especially since Power of the Dog is leading best picture at +170?

At the same time without even seeing Spencer

Kristin Stewart is -190 for Spencer

Watching this trailer

Playing Princess Diana struggling with her spotlight. Good god talk about oscar gold.

But when it comes to best picture. Even without seeing anything…

I stare at Belfast being directed by Kenneth Branagh, that has to do with his love of movies.

I can see giving it to Power of the Dog, but they aren’t really giving best pic to West Side Story again.

Been rambling

@eyebooger want to watch party some of this?

Short answer is yes, but don’t want to plan anything for the short term because I’m having shoulder surgery in 2 days and have no idea how I’ll feel after that.

Hopefully they have a lot of these on streaming sites soon.

King Richard was not very good and I don’t understand the praise for Will Smith in it.

Well, he has more charisma than Tobey Maguire, that’s for sure. But that’s true for most people, and also blocks of wood. I like Holland more than Garfield, but that may be because the movies are so much better.

Tobey and Garfield never told me my grilling smelled good, so they can go fuck themselves.

1 Like

Were you working craft services?

Its perfectly normal for extras to bring their portable gas grill to set.

He was playing the role of Barbeque Man, Spider-Man’s buddy.

Neighbor of the Vulture. When the police questioned me after his arrest, I said he was quiet, always kept to himself. Never imagined he could do something like that.

It’s a truly great film. You should give it a try.

Best of luck with your surgery.

1 Like

Agreed. I think I’ve seen three iterations of Little Women and this is the only one I could actually get into. I truly enjoyed my time watching it.

1 Like

Huh I was wrong. I didn’t love it, but it was fine. Enjoyable. Underrated maybe even. I mean the real question is “why was this made” and that’s pretty valid as I got nothing and MCU would probably be better without it and whatever it was trying to do.

I watched it the other day and I thought it was pretty boring. It just seems pointless. Like you said “Why was this made?”

Also for a good portion of the movie I thought Gilgamesh was Wong. They look way too similar.

1 Like

Watched “Bone Tomahawk” on Netflix. There were some real brutal scenes in it. A movie were I wanted some kind of happy-end no matter what.

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/1483439049549352962?t=LGH7Lv-7PyN0yLLTeME03g&s=19

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/1483472330588184576?t=jYoBhXJi-W-CDv7kglH2Lg&s=19

The short that started it all

1 Like

Reminds me of this classic :

Jesús Christ, who wanted a nearly 3-hr Batman?

https://twitter.com/variety/status/1484250538254364672?s=21