Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

A bunch of actors and other movie/TV-adjacent people I didn’t realize died this year (with a bunch I never knew existed)

https://fb.watch/a8ePPwBQfc/

2 Likes

This struck me as another great guess. But no.

At this point she seems mildly frustrated. When she says unattractive, she doesn’t mean an actor who is not conventionally attractive. I think she just means ugly and funny looking. As for hair, there are now bangs involved? I think that means the curls are flopping over his forehead. And maybe buck teeth. Who looks like they could be Italian or middle Eastern.

I appreciate everyone’s help but I think it’s fair to say this mystery is never going to be solved. Maybe he’ll crop up in a movie we’re watching. If so I’ll immediately update the thread.

1 Like

Josh gad

I know that’s not right

Suicide Squad

9/10

Finally caught this now that it’s back on HBO Max. It’s really good. Had lots of laugh out loud moments, good characterization. Only complaint is it didn’t need to be quite as long.

1 Like

The Adam West Batman movie owns so hard. Every scene is hysterical and absurd.

1 Like

Don’t look up don’t watch. Yiiiiiiiikes. JLaw, Leo, Streep, Jonah Hill all had nothing better to do than this? Cate Blanchett you destroyed Mjolnir with one hand and now you’re an airhead fox news blonde?

1 Like

Disagree. Just finished it. It was funny and enjoyable. Obviously heavy-handed and the message is completely transparent, but I liked it.

1 Like

Also just finished it. Kinda feel in between, but closer to grue. It had its moments, but is nowhere near as good as it’s trying to be.

Excellent. I’ll check that one out.

I had pretty much forgotten about Nic Cage. Whenever I see any trailers for the 6 movies he makes a year, each with 10 production companies, I just think, “oh yeah he’s paying off some insane IRS bill.” But I watched Pig (2021), and I thought it was exceptional. I guess people get mad at it because they thought it was going to be like John Wick? I don’t remember the marketing. NC is pretty damn good in it, like best I remember him since Leaving Las Vegas, and it’s a great, layered, deep film (no pew pew shoot ups). Great supporting acting too

1 Like

Don’t Look Up isn’t incredible by any means, but it was entertaining. Don’t really get why the reviews think it’s trash.

I definitely wouldn’t call it “trash”, but I was expecting quite a bit better considering the absurd cast.

1 Like

The cast does include a lot of politically vocal actors. They may have gotten involved to support the message rather than the artistic merit of the film. I didn’t watch it but reading the plot on Wikipedia it is basically just a straightforward caricature of conservative politics and Donnie Dumb Dumb in particular.

Watched Licorice Pizza last night and kinda hated it. I thought it tried way, way too hard to be unique and interesting.

In the end it was just 2 hours of random people doing consecutive random shit for reasons that the viewer doesn’t care about.

Only bright spot for me was watching the talent of Cooper Hoffman.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MovieDetails/comments/rpdoiw/in_dont_look_up_2021_astronomers_appear_on_a/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Still trying to figure out why Netflix thinks I want a Jonah Hill thumbnail, unless everyone has Jonah Hill

If they have multiple thumbnails they probably just cycle them. So people who don’t click on Meryl Streep will click on on Jonah Hill, etc.

The new matrix is really awful. Not worth any work to explain why it’s so awful awful. Just bad from start to end. Maybe the most boring movie I have ever seen. It’s like 3 hours of your buddy telling you about a bad action movie he saw.

Working my way through the old Spiderman movies with my son. Wow, Spiderman 3 was really really bad.

I remember seeing it in theatre with my brother and his wife. We both apologized to her while we were leaving the theatre.

1 Like

The reasoning seems mostly that they studio demanded Venom be in it and Raimi didn’t really care, but every other part is also a mess. Nothing works while the 2nd movie was perfect for the genre.

1 Like