Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Ballpark how much? It at least sounds baller.

It was $200 for a weekday matinee. Could have brought up to 20 people. Looked into holiday weekend showtimes, but those were closer to $330 for a new release.

Nice. We did some kid bday parties back in the day. (ST first contact. Awesome)

Well thatā€™s depressing, was pretty hype for this :neutral_face:

Looks like other reviews arenā€™t as harsh, 82% rotten :tomato: s

In Manhattan?

Yeah. The theater didnā€™t seem busy at all. They were actually checking for proof of vaccination for customers.

Suicide Squad (2021)

Itā€™s good! As had been said, itā€™s basically the DC, R-rated version of Guardians of the Galaxy, which is great because GOTG is fantastic. A little slow in the middle, but overall a fun ride.

1 Like

Taking of Pelham 123 now on the Criterion Channel, absolute must-watch, what a classic.

1 Like

Really bro?

I vaguely remember the remake as being okay, although I donā€™t remember anything at all about it.

Co-sign the remake being fine. Also, pretty sure it was RiskyFlush who alerted me to that thereā€™s a version with Vincent Dā€™Onofrio from the 90s, but I havenā€™t watched that one yet.

So watched Evil Dead (2013) this past week. Original Evil Dead was already bloody but it had a camp element. Evil Dead (2013) got rid of the camp and ramped up the gore to the max. So, so, much gore. Might be the goriest movie Iā€™ve seen since brother tricked me into watching The Fist of The North Star (hey want to watch a cartoon I rented). But I hate that level of gore.

Also recently watched Hari-Kari for the first time. An absolutely brilliant Japanese samurai film.

I donā€™t know if there is anyone out there that has Criterion Channel but hasnā€™t watched it, but if so it gets my full recommendation

https://twitter.com/histoftech/status/1434197529214783491

Yeah, A+ samurai flick.

Heist movies are maybe my favorite genre, so itā€™s wild Iā€™d never seen Michael Mannā€™s Thief before. Must-watch if you liked Heat.

MST3k veterans Frank Conniff and Trace Beaulieu did a riffing of Ed Woodā€™s Glen or Glenda? that I watched the other day. As incompetently made as this movie is, thereā€™s something touching about the sincerity of it. This was quite possibly the first movie ever made with an openly pro-transgender message.

1 Like

Watched no sudden move last night, donā€™t think itā€™s been posted itt before. Really awesome and worth a watch. Big The Departed vibes with a huge all star cast and double and triple crosses

Watching Pelham 123 right now, itā€™s even better than I remembered. All the characters are the most stereotypical New Yorkers ever. AY BUDDY WHY DONā€™T YA GO GRAB A GODDAMN AEROPLANEPLANE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

Caught some of Django Unchained last night and was reminded how great it is.

Off-brand Batman knockoff movies look so much better than actual legit Batman movies:

1 Like

Hyped

https://thechoiceisyours.whatisthematrix.com/en/

Have you seen the Matrix 2+3?