Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Can someone watch this movie so that I can talk about it with them? Risky? I don’t want to make people around me watch it because it’s too intense for a friendly recommendation.

Minority Report

Just watched in entirety for the first time last night. It’s good. Very good.

I had seen snippets of it on cable but what I’d seen didn’t make me want to watch the whole thing so I was surprised at how well done it is.

After watching, I checked out some reviews. They were mostly favorable but I felt like it was underappreciated. I found Roger Ebert’s review and it’s more in line with my opinion. I miss Ebert. When I see something notable, I always think of him.

3 Likes

I love this movie, saw it in theaters and seen it several times since

1 Like

Did you know Tom Cruise did all of his own stunts? He had eye transplants for real.

1 Like

I finally got around to watching Wonder Woman 1984. I wish I hadn’t.

4 Likes

Also watched Time Cop the other day because of this thread. I don’t think it rates as a top tier Van Damn movie like Bloodsport and Kickboxer but it would be in the next tier below that.

3 Likes

I’ve seen this (and all the other nominees nominated for one of the 8 major Oscars).

2 Likes

Saw Quiet Place 2 in a theater today. Very good. Weird to be in the theater. Me and four other souls. Social distancing was not a issue. Mmmmm :popcorn:

3 Likes

We did too. Like it also but I thought it ended too abruptly.

My first movie a year. I missed movie theatre nachos with that awesome plastic cheese!

2 Likes

The start of the original Superman is so good. It’s almost horror.

1 Like

Oh man, The Hunt is pretty great if you want a so-bad-it’s-fun movie experience.

Where can I find that?

Dunno, got it at my library.

It’s on Tubi.

Damn this movie came out in 2020 and it’s making fun of the liberal guy who uses hand sanitizer, amazing work.

Damn they killed the baby pig :(

I watched “Tomorrow War” on prime. I liked it. Good film to close out the evening. I am a sucker for E.L.E. films anyway with the current state of world affairs.

1 Like

I’m a few years late but just watched Get Out for the first time. Wow. Really, really enjoyed it. The acting, especially by the main character, was excellent. Super unique story, great twists, some good tense moments, and creepy as fuck. One of the best movies I’ve seen in a long time, granted I watch very few movies though.

9 Likes

Yeah, it’s great.

It also really exceeded expectations I had going in (saw it right around release), which if anything, made the experience even better. It’s a bit different now, because unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll know to expect that it’s a very good film.

1 Like