Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

I’ve been in school since Feb so forgive me: Why don’t we do movie nights anymore? Did Risky take a leave of absence?

1 Like

I am very much looking forward to the release of the remake. I really hope Chalamet wasn’t a fumbled casting decision for Paul. Most everyone else looks solid tho

Yeah @Riskyflush took a leave of absence and yeah…

1 Like

It was one of those “you should have seen it in theatres” movies.

1 Like

Tell her to stop calling me, I’m not interested in dating her.

4 Likes

Sons of Anarchy is a fun watch (gets worse as it goes on) as long as you’re able to accept that it takes place in an alternate universe’s version of California where there are barely any local, state, or federal police.

1 Like

Please stalk and write a trip report. Thanks.

1 Like

Watched Mitchells vs The Machines with the kid - I wrongly figured it would be a movie where I’d read or scroll Twitter throughout. Loved it, great movie.

1 Like

Drop trou next time. She’ll remember you.

Gonna go on record now that the eternals is going to suck.

1 Like

I wouldn’t go quite that far, but Oxygen was indeed a solid indie sci-fi film; worth a watch.

I just watched a bad Jason Statham movie, Wild Card on the “action channel” on Pluto TV. I googled one of the actors. She claimed that the owner of the Edmonton Oilers offered her millions for sex. Seems weird that billionaires can’t get laid.

Following up with The Prince, which is also really bad. Similar plot to Taken. So far I can say that Statham is a way better actor than the star of this thing.

Edit. I watched the entirety of The Prince and it’s probably the worst movie I can say that about. I’m embarrassed for Bruce Willis and John Cusack. If a 10 is The Godfather and a 1 is a stinking pile of shit, The Prince isn’t good enough to be rated.

On our way to see A Quiet Place 2 in theaters. Will actually be my second trip to the theater since the pandemic started. Saw this one a few weeks ago because my lifelong family friend was in a small part, and we had a semi private screening in OKC. Adama crushed obv.

The Sound of Metal was great, Riz deserved something for that.

2 Likes

If you like faith based movies with George Lopez and one of the hobbits as a golf superstar, walking with herb might be up your alley.

TIL that John Cazale appeared in 5 movies during his life, all of which were nominated for best picture!

5 Likes

I wasn’t expecting much from cruella but I really wasn’t expecting “the de ville wears prada”. Can I write movie reviews now?

Also that dude who played the goofy roadie in yesterday has some range!

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1400572394213761027?s=21

Woot!

https://twitter.com/Sethrogen/status/1400458149295923200?s=09

3 Likes

Um…holy fuck yes…

For some dumb reason I have loved all three John Wicks, and yet to see one in the theater. Time to correct that wrong.