Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Not sure how to feel about the Spiral reviews. Seems that standard reviewers hate the horror schlock they always hate, but Saw fan reviews seem to be pretty positive. They put out a video of the first three minutes on the lions gate youtube that is sufficiently gnarly, but it sounds like there may be pacing issues which can be really detrimental to a horror story like this.

Also, word on the street is there is no central game which is a very odd idea in a series that always has a central game.

This was going to be my first theater experience since getting vaccinated but Iā€™m not too sure now.

OK so Bruce Banner turns his machine on and Scott Lang turns into a kid, then into an old man, then a baby, and back to normal. His consciousness remembers all of this (just go with it). So Bruce effectively created an immortality machine, a pretty uh useful invention right? And presumably junks it when Tony shows up and its never mentioned again.

Also, based on the above, they could have just taken Thanosā€™ busted up gauntlet, turned it back 5.5 years, and it would pop out with all the stones in it, right?

2 Likes

Zombie Tiger vs. Tig is a pretty close call for me, not gonna lie.I mean, if you could only afford one in your movie Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™d go with.

Like what about that incredible scene from Mandy where a tiger just comes out of nowhere, only instead of a tiger what if it was Tig Notaro instead. Only that was a regular tiger and not a zombie tiger. Basically a coin toss as to which Iā€™d go with.

Oxygen :star: :star: :star: :star:

A woman wakens to find herself locked in a cryogenic pod. She has no memory and is running out of oxygen.

Best sci-fi Iā€™ve seen in years. A few minor flaws, but overall really great.

3 Likes

so 2021 is the year of the musical, and I am so ready.

June 11:

September 24:

December 10:

All three arguably the best Broadway musicals of their time (Tony winners all).

Honestly not sure if Iā€™m ready for Dear Evan Hansenā€¦if you havenā€™t seen it, just be aware that this trailer is a fake outā€¦emphasizing the uplifting parts. Yeahā€¦umā€¦not so much.

Iā€™ve been looking forward to In The Heights since they announced itā€¦it will probably be my first trip back to a theatre. It just looks like it needs to be on the big screen.

West Side Story? eh. Itā€™s great. Weā€™ve all seen it/heard it. I mean, we all know the story. It will inevitably be compared to In The Heights, and I just feel like ITH will be more authentic to the cultures it represents. Iā€™ll see it because Iā€™m a sucker for Rita Moreno, lol.

1 Like

I guess shit like Phantom and Rent doesnt give you any pause that Hollywood cant make musical movies well (Chicago is an exception)

Cabaret though

I raise La-La Land and The Greatest Showman. I still have Moulin Rouge and the original West Side Story in my stack, and Iā€™m ready to top off with Hairspray

paging @BadPokerAnalogy

1 Like

Does Willy Wonka count as a musical?

Blah, La la land is garbage. Hairspray is passable but not good. Havent seen The Greatest Showman, is it based off a Broadway show?

Not a Broadway one

One Hand, One Heart is a goosebumps song for me. I remember I was around the age (24?) when going to weddings started to become the norm and every now and then at the ceremony Iā€™d hear this beautiful song that I knew Iā€™d heard before but couldnā€™t quite place. Well my now-wife started to become my +1 and vice versa more regularly so eventually I asked her if she knew what song it was. As a musical lover, she said ā€œoh itā€™s from West Side Story.ā€ So I figured out which song it was, and as you might have guessed, she walked down the aisle to it. Itā€™s quite literally goosebumps every time.

1 Like

Ah, missed that qualifier.

Lol, thatā€™s cause I just realized I didnt qualify it. Itā€™s an important qualification though.

The discussion going on this long and no mention of Singing in the Rain makes me question all of you! :grin:

2 Likes

DF2HlHJUMAE0SRh

3 Likes

No.

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna string bet here.

See your no, and raise you a resounding yes.

Working on the D&D set?

1 Like