Movie Night Watch Party Megathread

I dare anyone to spell Domnhall the right way

Thanks for watching with me wireless construction grinder.

This has put me in the mood to finally check out WW s3 and pretend thatā€™s a sequel to Ex Machina.

Thanks for putting these together, I must have missed that part somehow

1 Like

Iā€™m going back to finishing raising Arizona

See ya :D

The movie is brilliant. I realized this wouldnt work on mobile too late. Ill be near the computer next time.

1 Like

Watch parties arenā€™t really my thing, but it felt so wholesome to scroll through this thread. You guys rule.

2 Likes

I enjoyed this piece of trivia on There Will Be Blood vs No Country for Old Men

A PYROTECHNIC TEST PROVED PROBLEMATIC FOR THE COEN BROTHERS.
When awards season rolled around, There Will Be Blood and the Coen brothersā€™ No Country for Old Men went head-to-head for a number of the yearā€™s biggest accolades. Oddly, the two films also ended up shooting in the remote and tiny town of Marfa, Texas at the same time. But Anderson ended up creating a bit of a problem for the Coens. While conducting a pyrotechnic test, Anderson and his team accidentally created a billow of smoke so large that it could be seen by the Coensā€™ cameras, leading them to have to cancel shooting for the day.

Sorry guys I havenā€™t joined you or really canā€™t join you. It does make me miss my single days when I had time to kill. Now with kids and work the whole schedule is full. There Will Be Blood or Ex Machina are both great choices.

1 Like

We understand. Hopefully you can make it to one or two at some point.

Just found out that A Scanner Darkly is on Netflix.

Been a long while since Iā€™ve seen this. Hell of a trippy film and super-underrated imo

Would rather see this on a movie party.

1 Like

Is anyone up for seeing Mandy late Friday night (10PM)? Youā€™ll have to rent it through Prime and itā€™s not everyoneā€™s cup of tea, but Iā€™ve got a mad hankering to watch this again for like the fourth time. Itā€™s one of the most batshit crazy movies Iā€™ve ever seen.

2 Likes

Keanu fuckin Reeves gets a movie party whenever he wants :heart_eyes:

I have been meaning to watch this. I am down.

2 Likes

FWIW, the guy who directed Mandy also made Beyond the Black Rainbow, which is probably not a good idea for a movie night because itā€™s way out there and itā€™s a slow burn with hardly any action, but some of you might be into it.

Did not know you had such taste. Perhaps you will recommend more movies from time to time.

Didnā€™t know this movie existed until almost 10 years after it was released. Barely made a sound when it came out which was a total disappointment.

Same. I got into it later because it seemed like a cool art house flick. Based on a Philip Dick story, innovative animation style, great cast. I mean Keanu Reeves, Winona Ryder, Woody Harrselson, Robert Downey Jr. Even stupid Alex Jones (yes that one!!!) had a cameo as a street prophet. And damn what a bunch of great plot twists.

Trolly, is this 10pm EST? I will make a banner to bring all the boys to the yard.

Yeah, EST. I donā€™t know how much interest there will be, maybe we can vote on it.

We can set up a vote if you prefer. I am happy to wait for the banner until you are ready. I think this is the sort of movie though that people are unlikely to be sure whether they want to watch until itā€™s Friday night, ainā€™t got shit to do, and the rest of us are blowing up the watch thread with WTFs.

1 Like