Movie Night Watch Party Megathread

I really really want 2 to be good, and I feel certain it’s going to suck. The first one is maybe my favorite comedy, which will make it all the more bitter :frowning:

1 Like

I’m so in for this but I won’t be home argh.

1 Like

Delirious and Raw now make me uncomfortable in all the wrong ways where it is unmatched funny back in the day.

This is a problem with comedy, stand up in particular. It rarely ages well at all.

LOL I guess we’re watching part 1

1 Like

Never actually seen this before, looking forward to it.

1 Like

Music so good.

I watched Black Panther earlier too, the One True spiritual sequel.

1 Like

So Eddie Murphy is being forced to marry the Zamunda equivalent of Melania Trump

Yeah this is pretty much exactly what I expect Melania says to Trump in private.

The soundtrack really takes me back.

Wait until the hair ads

YESSSSSSS Samuel L Jackson up in this!

1 Like

Samuel L Jackson doing an early Jules Winnfield.

He said “what?” and promptly got owned

1 Like

Arsenio was sorely underutilized in this movie.

2 Likes

Always did love this throwback to Trading Places

1 Like

I always forget that part. Solid reference.

Crediting the old white guy in the barber shop as Eddie Murphy also always cracked me up. A few beers deep, fuck it I’ll ride this over to Coming 2 America.

1 Like

About half way through Coming 2 America and the problem is already clear. Comedy sequels are already really hard. You pretty much have to come up some contrived reason for the plot. But the problem is the plot for Coming 2 America is set for most of the plot to take place in Africa. The whole point of Coming to America was the innocent look of an African prince on current America. Coming 2 America should be another look at America, instead of an American coming to Zamunda. I loved the America parts, but that was brief.

Woulda been better if they’d stuck with the original plan for Tracy Morgan to play his son.

snap

1 Like

Finished with the movie. It’s absolutely not the sort of sequel that hurts the original in any way. But it is the sort of sequel that I wished took some chances.

1 Like