Movie Night Watch Party Megathread

https://www.oddschecker.com/awards/oscars

This is what I am currently looking at. Boseman is free money even at 1/4. I don’t know, I like Trial of Chicago 7 at 4/1. But I think I am decent at predicting oscars, except for best picture. I have managed to guess that wrong for years now.

1 Like

Agree 100%. It’s just really hard to see people watching that and thinking “yup, that’s my #1 movie of the year”

Honestly not sure its spot as the favorite is going to hold up. If there were a Predictit for movies, I would throw a few bucks on no for best picture.

1 Like

Oh yeah if there was a predictit for movies I would be on that bet as well.

Also even without seeing the movie I like Carey Mulligan as 9/4. Mostly because her two closest competitors have oscars.

1 Like

Also I guess the movie got an R just for the skinny dipping scene. Movie seemed PG except for that.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s weird because there was no real reason to shoot the scene that way. They could have done that shot closer up to not show the nudity, or further back to obscure it and it gets a PG-13 easily.

Pretty sure this is still our Hamilton catch all?

This is shockingly well done.

1 Like

Reviews of this are pretty mixed, and I would not expect a Best Picture nomination. Andra Day still a favorite to get a Best Actress nomination though. I’ll be watching this at 9 tonight.

1 Like

By the way, I’m making my way through this slowly and Satisfied is still an absolute stomach punch of a song, even in virtual animal/human romances

Got the Billie Holiday movie ready to go. Hope it’s closer to the 76% RT Audience than the 55% RT Critics.

Okay didn’t expect this to start with clips of a person burned alive.

This movie is all over the goddamn place.

Damn, I missed the notice or I would 100% have watched this with y’all.

Not sure there’s a “y’all”. Might just be me watching this one.

Lead actress is great. Can’t really say the same about the rest of the movie. It’s kind of a mess.

I hope Andra Day gets a Best Actress nomination. I realize the field is crowded. Mulligan, McDormand and Davis seem like locks and Kirby is a near-lock, so there’s probably only one spot left. But I hope she gets it.

LOL at it getting anywhere near any of the other awards besides Costume Design or some shit.

Well…Andra Day is probably now actually the betting favorite.

Which to be fair. A flawed movie featuring a performance of a real life flawed musician. Well Rami Malek won an oscar for that exact scenario.

Chloe Zhao lock for best director.

Boseman easy lock for best actor.

Best pic I’m not ready to call it.

1 Like

Her next movie :grinning::grinning::grinning:

So are we watching Coming 2 America Friday?

2 Likes
TONIGHT!!! Should we watch
  • Coming to America
  • Coming 2 America

0 voters

I can’t decide, honestly.

I’d watch both if I wasn’t afraid part 2 will make me regret not watching part 1 twice.