Movie Night Watch Party Megathread

Yeah one of my all time favorites

1 Like

I mean we could watch it literally every Tuesday and it would not get old

1 Like

Who or what was Sam Elliot supposed to be?

Sam Elliot

Well he’s perfect for the part.

1 Like

Ebert’s initial review of The Big Lebowski

His re-review for what was his biweekly great movies segment

3 Likes

Nomadland was released today on Hulu.

It’s already won a shit-ton of critic’s circle and film festival awards, was nominated for 4 Golden Globes and is currently the betting favorite to win the Oscars for Best Picture, Best Director and Best Adapted Screenplay.

I’ll be watching tonight at 9 PM Eastern. Come join me.

1 Like

Pretty excited for this one. Hopefully see some of you in 2 hours.

1 Like

Hyped. Can’t believe the MCU hired ChloĂ© Zhao to write/direct The Eternals. If Nomadland is any indication of the director’s talent, hopefully she’s able to put as much of her voice into the MCU as Taika Waititi did with Ragnarok.

I don’t know what any of this means (I’ve seen exactly one MCU movie).

But hyped for this.

1 Like

TAKE THE DAMN DOG

2 Likes

He’s a good dog Frances

2 Likes

Marvel Studios hired her to take over for their next superhero movie. It’ll branch out into cosmic stuff with these beings who have been around for umm
a while.

I expect she will inject new energy into the franchise in the same way James Gunn did with Guardians of the Galaxy and Taika Waititi did with Thor: Ragnarok. She’s a great hand to make audiences interested in brand-new characters you’d never think people would instantly love.

Was the pooping scene really necessary?

What on earth is a Wall Drug?

huh

1 Like

Huh, so they didn’t change any of the names except for Fern?

That was a very well made movie, but it’s not going to be in contention for my favorite of the year.

2 Likes

Yeah like all of the nomads except Frances were actual nomads.

Very well made movie, very easy to see it winning best director. Kind of surprised it is the favorite for best picture though.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just a favorite to be a favorite, but not an actual favorite to win. If you know what I mean.