Movie Night Watch Party Megathread

I think so jesus

Looks like a disguised cut when they panned away from the bathtub and into the bedroom

:pleading_face:

What the hell was that scene?

1 Like

Shouldn’t these two be in counseling?

1 Like

Are you at the bedroom scene? That was super-cringey.

Also seeing Shia dick wasn’t high on the list of my goals for the day.

I’m there

That scene in the car with her mom was a tough watch. I wish it had been him who offered for her to walk the rest of the way.

The first half hour or so of this was fantastic.

Almost everything after the birth scene has been a big miss with me.

Really??? I’m in it. But stories of intense grief do it for me.

1 Like

I guess it just feels to me like Marriage Story did this style of movie already. And did it much, much better.

To be clear, I’m talking only about the screenplay. The acting has been very good.

1 Like

Do they actually say “Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye” in court?

Okay that’s a good point. I’ll have to think about the script separately. Right now I’m taking it as a total experience and that’s hitting for me. Maybe heavy labor done by the acting, but if so, the acting is that good.

This courtroom scene :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

Yeah.

IDK booger. Her speech and the midwife’s sob at the end of the trial is an incredible payoff to the rest of the movie. Makes it all worth it for me and elevates it to an Oscar contender.

I mean if nothing else she needs to be nominated for best actress.

Strong finish. Don’t think it brought me all the way back, but it wrapped up nicely.

Definitely.

The mom has a shot too at supporting.

Probably too crowded for Shia to get a best actor nomination, even without his off-screen issues. Though I wouldn’t hate it.

I’m guessing this doesn’t make the cut for a BP nomination.

1 Like

Thanks for putting this on the schedule, Risky.

You still good for One Night in Miami next week and Chicago 7 the week after?

1 Like

Maybe Critic’s Choice or Golden Globes?

Or nominate it for best foreign picture as a consolation? Directed by Kornél Mundruczó from Hungary.

This article is funny because Telex is a Hungarian publication, and they refer to Pieces of a Woman as KornĂ©l Mundruczó’s “first foreign film” because he had to find an American producer and film it in English.

They also note Vanessa Kirby “already received the Best Actress award at the 2020 Venice Film Festival.” Well done!

1 Like