Movie Night Watch Party Megathread

I take it back. The monks at the bowling alley makes this worth at least one watch.

Final fight scene choreography is so bad.

Nice to see Miyagi defeat this terrible Kreese/Cobra Kai rip-off, but a huge miss when he didn’t honk the guy’s nose.

Decided to watch this since I hadn’t seen it since it came out when I was 8 years old. Only scene I remembered was Julie proving her karate somehow by moving into a stance when she was about to be hit by a car.

-Villains even more absurd than Karate Kid 3. That had some billionaire funding revenge on Miyagi and his bonsai trees if I remember right. Here we have some high school that is proud of their militant fraternity actually called the Alpha Elite led by a Colonel Dugan.

-The other big thing is Julie having a hawk on the top of the school building, heh.

-So instead of waxing cars we have nerf guns with the punk kids across the street.

-One second of Japanese and dog is Miyagi friend, and hicks are so mad about that they fight Miyagi

-LOL of course there is some monastery, wtf. Do some kick from one rock to another. Impossible! I’m actually at the point of the night I’m laughing and enjoying how bad this is. Oh no Julie-San tried to kill cockroach. Now comparing this to gangs killing each other and wars. Now she is apologizing for killing the cockroach, and music is telling me it is a big moment when she gives a grasshopper to monk. Monks loving some Dreams by The Cranberries, can’t blame them, awesome song. Oh she got that kick from one rock to other, she now master. Happy birthday!

Zen Archery-Yeah gtfo

Oh hey thats a young Walton Goggins

Miyagi so wise he knows if hawk can fly

Oh god, Miyagi is buying a prom dress and explaining her karate moves as if that would fit her.

Ok drums were cool in karate kid 2 to show tempo. Ballad to show dance tempo for prom is another thing…

Bowling was lol fun

Dude does look like a young Judge Reinholt

Oh cool we are going a weak bloodsport for this final fight

Ok actual final fight was even weaker.

I wouldn’t mind Julie coming back for Cobra Kai, just because Hilary Swank. That being said, is Hilary Swank hot?

1 Like

Of course she is.

That was a fun Office episode debate.

I feel she has only continued to grow into her majesty as she has aged. She turned my opinion for good in The Hunt.

This thread is partnering with @beetlejuice today for a special viewing of Twin Peaks season 2 episode 1.

Please join us here at 9pm EST to discuss why you love/hate David Lynch.

1 Like

Which thread do I post memes in while watching?

You mean for Twin Peaks or like in general?

where do I post my dank Twin Peaks memes tonight?

Go to the Twin Peaks thread for discussion/memes

1 Like

Okay, ready to start this in one minute.

Premise sounds a little silly to me, but it’s got phenomenal reviews.

Let’s see what happens.

1 Like

I’m a minute late starting. Putting it on now.

I can pause it. Tell me when you’re at 2 minutes.

1 Like

I forgot the schedule has RoboCop tomorrow. I expect everyone to be there for that classic.

okay let’s go

1 Like

Dialogue is poppin

I missed this, but if you guys do another good Criterion Channel movie, I’m in.

Is there a thread for movie night suggestions and/or a schedule?

Pardon me, are you Sam Cooke, sir?

That guy stole dicaprio’s line!

1 Like

I keep a weekly schedule in the OP. Suggestions welcome.