Movie Fight Scenes Draft

Apparently, Family Guy took a note from this

Surprised they paid to get the permission to play “Freebird”

Seems to have run out of steam, but it looks like @tabbaker hasn’t been told it’s his turn!

We’re at the final round. So it’s good timimg

Bump for the next pick

@tabbaker where you at?!

Work skip me free for all idc

@RiskyFlush then

Grunching a bit but I saw an insane fight scene this morning but it was from some presumably obscure movie so I doubt anyone picks it; I saved it for posting another time since it’s technically undrafted.

Also I’ve been playing Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey and out of nowhere there’s a pretty sick fight scene - check out the angles and cuts they use. Gonna post it because I assume it’s ineligible as it’s from a video game:

Yeah this definitely feels like round 1-2 material to me, it’s so good. Also love the Anchorman scene and surprised so many ‘comedy fights’ were taken before it. Kingsman and Mad Max great too, lots of late round value imo. I think the conclusion I’m drawing is that picking scenes is hard. Just thought of another movie that I would have picked a scene out of at this point but like I can’t blame people for going other directions because there are so many.

Yeah too many good scenes to just pick; that’s why I tried to get a variety in some major categories to give some structure to picking because otherwise too many choices

Moar fights!!!111

Well, we have a few more people to go.

@RiskyFlush
@FuncrusherPlus
@tabbaker

If none of them pick in the next 24 hours, I’m calling it a free-for-all.

1 Like

Is a battle considered a fight?

7 Likes

How much more of this fight is there? Seems cool.

War scenes are hard to pull off because there’s so much buildup beforehand and the movie occasionally shifts from the battle to dramatic events that don’t involve fighting for one reason or another.

So yeah @RiskyFlush and @FuncrusherPlus go and then it’s FFA time.

What does free for all mean in a draft?

Anybody on UP can post any pick they want without waiting.

1 Like
  1. Are you saying you’ve never seen LOTR?
  2. A lot
3 Likes

I tried to watch the first one and it put me to sleep.

This appears to summarize it well

3 Likes

I hope the judges are factoring in these scorching SUB takes when they determine how much I won by

1 Like

Lord of the Realms fight is soo good, probably the best ever in that fantasy genre.

Free for all time! Gonna start with the scene I saw the other day on Twitter. It’s probably a little short to be included here but damn if it doesn’t have some fun moves. Awarding myself bonus points since it’s two women fighting.

https://twitter.com/jfrankensteiner/status/1369132671725625348?s=21

2 Likes

I will have my pick in tonight. Lost track of time with the delinquency of other posters.