Dead and nearly departed Covidiots

I’m conflicted as my step mother is the worst human I’ve ever known in my life, she verbally abuses my dad, is racist, and of course is antivax. She changed the locks on my sister when she came back from overseas and put all her stuff on the lawn from the house she grew up in, she accused my mother before she died of cancer of faking cancer for sympathy. My dad is completely incapable of taking care of himself and she does a great job of feeding him, cleaning up after him, and he will be much more lonely without her. Anyway, she’s on a vent and will probably die in the next week and I really want her to live in order to take care of my dad.

25 Likes

I can relate somewhat. My step mom is caring for my dad and without her he’d be in memory care. Tonight she told me that the gubmint is picking up the bill for covid deaths and hospitals are over reporting to cash in, so the death numbers are inflated and nobody really knows what the toll is. I’m sure she was parroting Tucker or Hannity and I called bullshit on her. Your step-mom is definitely in another league–at least mine is proudly vaxxed. Sorry you have to deal with this.

3 Likes

I like how the account of white people dying gets many likes, and the black couple above gets 1.

You’re not the only one conflicted, bigt

1 Like

Is it the antivaxxers who are calling for civility? When they see something like HCA, to the extent that they don’t just westworld robot the whole thing, I imagine their response is closer to “that’s fake” than “that’s mean”

Some great new memes for this one. And of course, he would go out of his way for you and give you the shirt off his back. Ryan would do anything for you (except get vaccinated)!

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/comments/pvfqug/ryan_fd_around_found_out/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

The thing that gets me with these. Who post them? One of their friends, families or acquaintances sees that they’ve died or is sick and decides that sharing them in HCA for people to laugh at them is appropriate.

Its messed up.

This guy, they went back to mid 2020 to find the posts.

Basically none of these people have their FB profiles set to where only friends/family can see them, while they post vile memes all day.

7 Likes

I won’t even speak to an aunt of mine that posts insane FB Q / Trump shit incessantly. If she died, I would post her inane drivel as a cautionary tale to others.

The sub doesn’t exist to laugh at people. It’s been spelled out for you half a dozen times already. Maybe try reading one of those posts.

3 Likes

Thats a little unnecessary.

There’s definitely an element of mocking and laughing. At least in my opinion. And having an opinion you disagree with isn’t an excuse to jump to “go back and read the thread” patronizing either.

The point I was trying to make was that shitting on strangers (which I dont have a real issue with) feels fundamentally different than actively doing something to someone you know.

You’re right. You haven’t been patronizing in this thread for weeks. Unfortunately, I’m a lesser person than you, and I think people like this should be ridiculed and shamed in public for pushing my partner to the verge of a breakdown and for making this country a shit hole for reasonable people.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/pvbn8d/antivaxxers_invade_staten_island_food_court_where/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

4 Likes

Oh shit you don’t even live here hahahahahha. I love being lectured by non-Americans on uniquely American issues. GMAFB

I’m really confused by this degree of venom, and by your response in general.

1. I’m not saying that you can’t ridicule these people.

2. You first said that it wasn’t about mocking. Then went off about your ight to ridicule these folks. Cool… so we agree. Why are you arguing with me?

3. You know that anti vaxxers and covid exist outside of America, right? How is this a “uniquely American issue”? What a weird thing to say.

4. I dont think I’ve patronized anyone in this thread, so I’m not sure what that’s about.

All around I’m just baffled by this exchange. The only thing I can think of is you think I’m coming in on the side of the debate that was judging everyone just for participating in the thread, and have just gone off half cocked. It’s weird. Take some deep breaths.

5 Likes

I think you are reading way too much into this. Some people have a lot of skin in the game with family who are at risk in majority unvaxxed areas where the disinformation spreads like wildfire, so of course the online tone is going to be trollish towards these assholes.

Let’s compare the situation between Australia and Oklahoma, shall we? We just passed 10,000 deaths for a state with a population of 3M. We are the most conservative state in the country, with half the people here steadfastly refusing a free jab. Our daily new case rate here fluctuates between 2,000-4,000 people a day (but we are well at testing capacity). When those people die, my partner (who is one of the only people at the funeral home that will work late and on weekends) has to run the crematory for a funeral home that does cremations for ~ a dozen in the city. There’s a mobile cooler in her parking lot full of bodies because they are well over capacity.

Sounds pretty comparable to your situation, right? Forgive me for not crying over spilled Q casualties. Feel free to ignore this thread and my posting.

5 Likes

Totally not patronizing

Didn’t realize how rough you had it in a country with universal healthcare and a government that takes the virus seriously. My apologies.

1 Like

Are those total numbers?

Indeed.

Australia has some geographic advantage, but Oklahoma is just stupid (really not trying to single it out vs rest of USA#1)

I don’t get the hostility here, or why Australians can’t have meaningful opinions on the HCA phenomenon. We as a species all have skin in this game. imo people just have differing ideas on how much edgelording and mockery is appropriate.