"Missing" persons and other murder mysteries

https://twitter.com/newsweek/status/1439983106702839817?s=21

They’re also searching the guys house as of about an hour ago,
Also said they called off the search at the reserve but still looking for him in other areas

Saturday night a YouTuber posted a video , after reporting it to the fbi, of the van parked on the side of the road on the 27th.

Sunday they started searching in that area and found her about 900 feet from where the van was.

Ties into him potentially trying to alibi himself with the hitchhiking bit until he realized they were heading towards the van and freaked out.

3 Likes

Why did he film the van? Wasn’t she not reported missing until the 11th? He just filmed a van?

But yeah he killed her

I read that they left the camera on accidentally and they didnt notice the van was the one from the couple until just recently when going back through footage for social media

It was another hippie road-life Youtuber-type couple who has a dash cam that’s probably always on and they had passed it on a remote dirt road.

2 Likes

The compelling part of this has always been the bf’s behavior and not that she was a cute white girl.

1 Like

I think there is definitely some of the white girl thing, like as far as national media goes picking up the story, but the story is definitely intriguing on its own at least for me.

1 Like

Seems like it became a national story so quickly because of their social media presence, which made the story circulate nationally quicker compared to something like elevating a local news report to national prominence. Of course, they don’t have nearly the social media presence unless she’s a pretty white girl.

1 Like

agreed, also honestly wtf at the cops just letting waltz out of there into disappearing. I get that they say he was only person of interest or whatever man but come on, odds were incredibly high that he was involved. How do you not have some surveillance on him once he’s home? Not only for if he runs but also if he leads you somewhere possibly to something in connection to it

2 Likes

He hadnt done anything provably illegal. He went on a road trip with someone and came back alone. How exactly can they procure a warrant to surveil him?

1 Like

maybe I’m off on what pigs can do without a warrant but do they need a warrant to just tail the guy when he leaves the house?

also i would think there is enough circumstantial questions about the incident that you could get one for tailing him etc if that is needed. They had a physical altercation it seems, he’s last one to see her, no one has heard from her etc

this seems to indicate they can follow you in public as much as they want within reason and this certainly seems like it would be

https://www.findlaw.com/legalblogs/criminal-defense/can-police-follow-you-without-a-warrant/

While individuals may have a reasonable expectation of privacy in their own bodies, they generally don’t have the same expectation when they are out in public, so police can generally follow a person while they are in public places. Most courts would rule that if a person was merely followed in a public place that no search or seizure even occurred.

It takes resources to follow someone around. It’d be easier to watch him if cops were allowed to use a GPS tracker in warrantless electronic surveillance.

come on though, one unmarked car, these pigs getting OT all the time but can’t make time to follow an actual likely murderer?

1 Like

What exactly do you expect to find by following him? Everything happened in another state.

You watch too much TV.

You probably won’t find anything but you might know where he is now as opposed to the current situation

edit: maybe they just assume he couldn’t run effectively i dunno

Also the minute he leaves the state he is out of their jurisdiction

you mean leaving florida? Sure but again they would know he’s not in the state as opposed to thinking/hoping he’s in this nature reserve they searched.

The FBI seems to be handling the case. I’m pretty sure their jurisdiction crosses state lines.

3 Likes