Michigan terrorist group arrested for plotting to kidnap Gretchen Whitmer.

I have always said that the most extreme on the right are nearly indistinguishable from the most extreme on the left. The problem is where you define where “extreme” falls on the left. AOC and the squad for example, are not “extreme” left. They’re just left.

Would you define extremist as Kristallnicht-sounding stuff like “You hate to see it.” and “I’m not wishing death on all landlords. But you can’t blame people for getting violent during this crisis. It’s understandable when someone kills their landlord for trying to evict them. They had it coming.” - after one roommate beheads the other for trying to kick him out over failure to pay rent?

Because that’s basically a position that’s been espoused and seconded and thirded on this forum.

I’d agree, but the extreme on the right includes the President of the United States and many members of the Senate and House of Representatives.

The extreme on the left currently has absolutely no representation in government at any level.

1 Like

What about Joe Biden?

1 Like

Ignoring representation in government, go ahead and define your “militant extremist” wings of both sides, however you like, then make a guess about how many are in each. I think it’s a lock there are more on the right. Now we’re getting into nebulous territory but all evidence points to the number being far more on the right. 2x? 5x? 10x? 20x? No one can say for sure but lumping them in together is beyond irresponsible.

2 Likes

come the fuck on

1 Like

I’m 100% with you on this and I find the endless both sides bullshit on this subject incredibly annoying. You absolutely crushed the life out of the far left in this country decades ago, and you’ve been letting the right wing nutjobs simmer without almost any law enforcement resources aimed at it (in fact law enforcement has been heavily infiltrated by these people).

Then they say ‘what about the tankies’ when we bring up the at least six figure number of right wing extremists there are with guns just itching to fight in a race war (who would constitute an clear and present danger to the government of any country with a normal military budget, thank god we have drones and the marine corps I guess). Please. It’s not that the Weather Underground were good people it’s that it was a long goddamn time ago and communism hasn’t been popular here since the early 40’s.

5 Likes

“They had it coming. People were fed up. What did you expect?” is the exact same propaganda language the nazis used about kristallnicht. The line of discussion was started over a guy who literally beheaded his roommate with a samurai sword.

1 Like

I don’t know about extreme left, but I’m certain we’ve uncovered the extreme center.

5 Likes

Doesn’t micro identify as an anarchist?

“Let’s dox the cops so they can get what’s coming” was also a popular sentiment on this forum.

I don’t trust him

Change the goal posts all you want, it’s why I stepped away from the forum. I’m not interested in turning the mob loose on anyone. That’s not a view shared on this forum.

1 Like

r/ENLIGHTENEDCENTRISM

I am very smart.

1 Like

Tsk, tsk… us UnStuckers are using the same word in two contradictory ways. That means both of the following could be true…

• Anarchism as ideology is anti-capitalist and anti-racist.

• Some people who “just want to cause chaos and burn it all down”, a dictionary definition of an ‘anarchist’ not related to anarchism as ideology, are also people who are racists.

1 Like

This is some pretty fantastic “no true scotsman” illogic buried in the gibberish.

Lol where is this convo for those who don’t follow whatever thread you’re referring to?

Start with this post.

https://unstuckpolitics.com/t/the-war-on-voting/1161/363

Yeah that pastor Rick Wiles basically blamed the Governor for driving them to do it according to Right Wing Watch

The goal post shift is from “doxing the police so they can get what’s coming” to “oh, you support a secret police.”

I don’t know how you hold the police accountable when they break the law, I work with computers, not public policy. I do know that fomenting vigilante violence against anyone is wrong. It’s wrong when the right does it, it’s wrong when the left does it. It doesn’t appear to be very important here.

3 Likes