Metallica Tournament

The best Enter Sandman entrance.

1 Like

Not a well thought out suggestion: post each of the polls without the seeding numbers. Just the songs.

Have no idea really, but I have the feels that some of the Zeppelin results may have come out differently if the seedings were not included

1 Like

I can do that, i donā€™t really think it had much effect in Zeppelin but it might in this.

Thatā€™s an interesting idea and tbh didnā€™t cross my mind.

Iā€™m actually really looking forward to this one. I said before I only know Metallica hits, but I kinda feel like theyā€™re in my wheelhouse so this will be a great opportunity to learn some new stuff.

Petition for a play-in round that includes Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth), which should beat most of those chumps seeded 16.

Do it for the man, CLIFF BURTON

2 Likes

Ok, going to get this started with the Playin Round, Iā€™ll leave this open for 72 hours.

There are 6 playin matchups because fuck you thats why. Iā€™m really interested to see how this group plays out because i have some songs in this group i like a fair bit and others I havenā€™t even heard yet.

• Hero of the Day
  • Bleeding Me
0 voters
  • Mama Said
  • Anesthesia
0 voters
  • Die, Die My Darling
  • Low Manā€™s Lyric
0 voters
  • Jump In the Fire
  • The Outlaw Torn
0 voters
  • Escape
  • Fixxxer
0 voters
  • The Frayed Ends of Sanity
  • Remember Tomorrow
0 voters
1 Like

Holy fuck I havenā€™t heard Die, Die My Darling in a long time, switched my vote tout de suite, it melts face

1 Like

Can you make the votes public next time? No biggie for the play-ins.

1 Like

yea i didnā€™t realize that you had to click something for that, so some people will avoid embarassment this round but iā€™ll add them next.

3 Likes

Bleeding Me/Outlaw Torn/Fixxxer I always associate together as the slower (and longer), more melodic, but still very listenable Load/Reload offerings. I probably like Fixxxer the best, but Bleeding Me has the easiest match up (never liked Hero of the Day). Escape is an interesting song, probably my least favorite from Lightning but it has merits.

2 Likes

Oof. Hero of the Day and Bleeding me are both tough to get through. Thankfully they pick up and both have a pretty good second half.

I would like any posters who voted for Mama Said to out themselves.

2 Likes

As someone who loves to hate on post-Justice For All Metallica, the music video for all All Nightmare Long absolutely rules school.

1 Like

This is bringing me back, havenā€™t listened to a lot of this stuff since Metallica banned me from Napster like 20 years ago.

2 Likes

Voted with the crowd on every matchup except The Outlaw Torn vs Jump in the Fire. The Outlaw Torn is an underrated song imo, one of the better tracks on a pretty bad album. Jump in the Fire is boring and the chorus is annoying. Sounds like material from one of the inferior thrash bands of that era.

The correct answer to Hero of the Day vs Bleeding Me wasnā€™t in the poll, it is of course ā€œwho caresā€.

2 Likes

Probably the only really good song on the album as well.

1 Like

When in doubt, donā€™t pick anything from Load/Reload.

Sophieā€™s Choice with that first pick.

The S&M version of Outlaw Torn is even better than the original version too.

1 Like

Itā€™s a cover of the Misfits song