Master3004's Upbeat Walrus - Reveal!

Thanks! That was a fun category.

Oddly enough, looking ahead, the comedy category will be less fun.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s okay. It was long time ago.

3 Likes

This nonsense and the election result, too much. Luckily I have submitted the best comedy song ever so have 15 sweet points coming my way.

3 Likes

I expect to get dead last in the next category. My sense of humor is nerdy and dry.

And in this caseā€¦Canadian.

1 Like

Well, my nickname is Canada. That may bode well for you

2 Likes

lol me too!

so youā€™re saying I didnā€™t have to explain some of the ā€œcanadianismsā€ in the song? oi, now I feel dumb!

So Bobby one upped Cyndi?

Iā€™m seeing this correctly?

cover?

Am almost too depressed by UK result to leave any sarcastic comments

Scoreboard after round 5:

Rogged

1 Like

OMG, my first album as a wee nipper iirc

Eta or was it Billy Idol?

I feel comfortable making an objective case for my pick because itā€™s my only pick that wasnā€™t one of my personal favorites. Donā€™t get me wrong, itā€™s a pretty good song, but I donā€™t think itā€™d make my top 3 Cyndi Lauper songs.

That said, imagining master belt out GIRLS JUST-AH WANNA HAVE FUN-AH is what sealed the deal. There are some secondary points like popularity of song, catchiness of hook, easiness of melody, but that first was the clincher.

1 Like

if i was picking my favorites it might be this for itā€™s finale:

or this if i wanted to be accused of cheating:

Pinch is fucking brilliant and an even better song than my submission (though not for the singalongadonks).

Well Iā€™m glad that roundā€™s over. The threat is worse than the execution.

I mean, ā€œThe history of maple syrupā€ wikipedia link you included was a bit overkill, but I appreciate the effort.

2 Likes

Weeeeeeee.

The Agnostic Front pick would have made the top 2 for me. Excellent choice LC. If I had thought about it some more I may have gone w this:

1 Like

I am selfish
I am wrong
I am right
I swear Iā€™m right
Swear I knew it all along
And I am flawed
But I am cleaning up so well
I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself

Corny as hell but Emo is and underappreciated genre

Wait, was this the right version? @Twist submitted the remix? Original is better, imo.