Master3004's Upbeat Walrus - Reveal!

@CanadaMatt3004 are you keeping track of points? Or is this more of a participation trophy kinda thing?

I have started a spreadsheet. Iā€™ll post scores after this round.

2 Likes

In 12th Place, scoring 4 (3,3) Pyatnitski - Game of Pricks by Guided by Voices

This isā€¦ good, acceptable, fine. I moved a bit, but I didnā€™t have a huge desire to sing along with it. Some people will probably like it more than me andā€¦

1 Like

In 11th place, scoring 5 (4,2) Twist - Brimful of Asha by Cornershop

I donā€™t know what it is about this song. I donā€™t hate it, but I really donā€™t have any desire to sing along with it ever. Iā€™ve heard it plenty of times while driving, and hanging out, and showering, and there is just no desire for these words to leave my lips.

Alright, thatā€™s the majority of those I find to be just meh. Everything else now I either really jammed to or felt a real desire to sing with.

1 Like

I forgot about Cornershop. Cool band.

IN addition to liking all of these songs, Im also having ordering issues. I have a winner picked, and probably a second place, so songs 9-3 are kinda a toss up, which really says how well you guys did with the category.

3 Likes

1 Like

Alright, my final lineup is locked.

2 Likes

In 10th place - Scoring 6 (3,4) Suzzer99 - Gangstas Paradise by Coolio

Of the songs coming up, this is the one I was least likely to both move to and sing along to. Its got a good beat, and I like the lyrics, I just didnt have a ton of desire to sing along and no lyrics escaped my lips at work. The chorus is a lot harder than the verses, but I was able to stay silent and mostly just nod along.

1 Like

In 9th place, Scoring 7 (4,4) Skydiver8 - Livin on a Prayer by Bon Jovi

The funkiest part of the song is clearly the baseline at the beginning which gets me going, but I slow down a bit once the lyrics kick in. I obviously like the song, and hair metal rules, but I need a ninth place song, and here it is.

2 Likes

Tommy used to work on the docks!!!

1 Like

In 8th Place, scoring 8 (7,4) LouisCypher - Gotta Go by Agnostic Front

I really liked this and got into it right away. The Gotta go and Oi parts were very sing worthy, but the non-chorus parts I just wasnā€™t feeling, so the sing score went down a bit.

2 Likes

If I donā€™t podium this one itā€™s cuz master was embarrassed he sang too much

3 Likes

In 7th place, scoring 9 (6,6) Pauwl - I think Weā€™re Alone Now by Tommy John and the Shondells

Another funky ass baseline to kick off a song. This was surprisingly moveable and really tempted me to sing along. I think most people are more familiar with the Tiffany version, but I really really like this, and Iā€™m sad it didnā€™t place higher.

1 Like

In 6th place, scoring 10 (6,7) MimosaDef - I wish by Skee-Lo

Yeah, this one really hit me right in the nostalgia bone. It was very very hard not to sing along with the chorus. I didnā€™t know most of the lyrics in the verses so that knocked things down a bit, but I was very tempted with this one.

1 Like

bullied into having lots of fun!

In 5th place, scoring 11 (8,7) 6ix - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper

Iā€™m honestly more surprised than anyone else will be by this landing here. Awesome submission, but I had two song just come out of nowhere and force me into a higher placement. Cyndi was in 3rd place for the majority of the reveal, but I honestly couldnā€™t put her any higher.

Youā€™re soon to find out why.

1 Like

After seeing what ended up on the podium in previous rounds I felt good about this submission and hoped it might score a bit higher. Oh, well, canā€™t win them all.