Marvel Cinematic Universe

I think the recent announcements from San Diego Comic-Con are a reasonable starting point for a separate MCU thread.

Phase 4 ends with Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. Phases 4-6 will constitute the Multiverse Saga.

Phase 5:

• Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania - February 17, 2023 (In theaters)
  • Secret Invasion - Spring 2023 (On Disney+)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - May 5, 2023 (In theaters)
  • Loki Season 2 - Summer 2023 (On Disney+)
  • Echo - Summer 2023 (On Disney+)
  • The Marvels - July 28, 2023 (In Theaters)
  • Blade - November 3, 2023 (In theaters)
  • Ironheart - Fall, 2023 (On Disney+)
  • Agatha: Coven of Chaos - Winter 2023/2024 (On Disney+)
  • Captain America: New World Order - May 3, 2024 (In theaters)
  • Daredevil: Born Again - Spring 2024 (On Disney+)
  • Thunderbolts - July 26, 2024 (In theaters)

Phase 6:

• Fantastic Four - November 8, 2024
  • Avengers: The Kang Dynasty - May 2, 2025
  • Avengers: Secret Wars - November 7, 2025
2 Likes

Two Avengers movies in one year sounds a little crazy

This is my bag.

4 Likes

:vince:

Last season of Daredevil was outstanding, hope they can continue to deliver.

Also, the She-Hulk lawyer show sounds like it could be a lot of goofy fun. Like Night Court but for Marvel. Plus, crossover potential with Daredevil.

this will be what, the 4th swing? Will it be as bad as the others?

I am pretty over MCU in general but I’m pretty hype for more Daredevil and I am extremely interested to see what they do with blade

:vincelaser:

The recent one was genuinely one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen.

Just a cookie cutter, absolute plain boring MCU film would be 100x better.

Let’s be real, no gives a fuck about the FF, but everyone wants a Dr. Doom movie.

I think the right way to do an MCU FF movie is to go heavy on the comedy and to forego a retelling of their origin story.

Kind of want Marvel to troll the fanboys by re-imagining Doom as a Kang variant.

1 Like

Marvel’s big mistake was trying to tell the Marvel Civil War story before bringing the FF, X-Men, and Spidey on board to do a multi-part epic. A rare example of Marvel not thinking big enough.

I think the right way to do an MCU FF movie is to go heavy on the comedy and to forego a retelling of their origin story.

Yeah, 100% this. Only thing FF have going for them is retro charm. They need to lean hard into everyone being a goofy Sunday morning cartoon character, esp Dr Doom. Also, they need MF Doom for the opening credit sequence. Their origin story should just be done during the opening credit sequence.

1 Like

I wish Marvel Civil War had been done as a heavy-handed gun control allegory in the comic books.

Terrible take. Civil War works because the characters have to make tough moral decisions and it’s not clear who’s right or wrong.

Cap was 100% correct, don’t @ me

Kinda odd not to see Marvel Midnight Sons on there

2 Likes

Binged Ms. Marvel. Happy to see a hero who doesn’t have an origin story rooted in tragedy. Happy with positive depictions of religion and family.

1 Like

I’m pitching this as an FF arc.

For the non-believers: Ftaghn is a Cthulhu reference.

1 Like

lol I thought that was an antisemitic cartoon at first. I’m not great at math.

One of the wildest things about the Marvel universe is that everyone acknowledges that Norse mythology is 100% real and actual viking gods are running around but there doesn’t seem to be a big paganism movement. I’d snap-convert to paganism if Thor showed up and saved New York City, what has Jesus done for us lately?

2 Likes