Major League Baseball (Part 1)

I’m hype. Anyone watching Jays/Rays? Toronto taking this one down, even with terrible Roark on the mound. :)

Reds legend Tanner Roark!

it’s Shoemaker today

Oh dang, don’t know what I was thinking. That makes way more sense.

Sabo the dog & me are watching all the games. Our household remains on covid shelter at home, and watching games on tv is what we do. That’s why I’m bitter that they’ve scheduled all the games overlapping. Who we are backing (aka “rooting for” for our AUian friends) and why…

Cheatin’ Luser Astros (+135) @ Twinkees (-164), 11 AM PDT.

Sabo & me: LOL @ backing the Cheatin’ Luser Astros !!!1! We back: Twins. (Series odds from Yahoo)

ChiSox (pick) @ Athletics (-120), Noon.

Me: The A’s are a California team, run by fellow UCSD alumni Billy Beane. Gotta respect the A’s for being the only green team. Back: A’s.

Sabo: We all know the Prime Directive of playoff backing when your team is in it… hope the best team loses. For the first time in his life, Sabo’s Padres are in it. Sabo is taking this all very seriously. Back: Pale Hose.

Jays (+165) @ Rays (-200), 2 PM.

Me: The Rays have never won a WS, and the Jays have two. That would normally make we favor the Rays. OTOH Buffalo has never had a WS championship either, and they’re never going to have another chance. Then… my mom always said: “No reason to consider teams from Confederate States, why back those despicable traitors?”. Sabo: Prime directive. We back: Buffalo.

The hated Yankees (-139) @ Indians (+115), 4 PM.

Me: LOL @ backing “The Evil Empire”. Sabo: Sabo realizes I can kick him out of the burrow at my whim. We back: Indians.

2 Likes

Im with you with these picks until the last one. I’ll take the Evil Empire over the Cleveland Racists. Play ball!

1 Like

dfs is funny. the highest projected owned player right now is Ryan Jeffers, the Twins catcher.

lol max kepler running to first after 3 balls

MLB did a great job. Nobody died. Only one person w lingering side effects ( erod ) and he shouldn’t have been there anyway w a pre existing bum ticker.

I was spending my time elsewhere. This place became an echo chamber of negative paranoia. I went back out into the world. Baseball was great.

*one person that we know of so far.

1,000,000 dead worldwide and 210,000 dead in the US so far in roughly 6 months with no end in sight. But sure tell us more about how it is all negative paranoia.

Baseball had zero deaths. We live in a democracy. The democracy has chosen sports, restaurants, bars etc over safety. It’s not the best choice but I can choose to adapt or not to adapt. I’ve adapted.

Hopefully you are not betting into those #s. Many shops have 5c baseball lines, meaning favorite-168/ the dog comes back + 158

Nah, strictly for information purposes. However, you might be confusing game sides -vs- series odds. Game sides are commonly 10c (as per your example), I’ve never seen series odds below 20c for near pick.

1 Like

the announcer for the White Sox game is just terrible. She keeps talking over the pitches.

A small group of healthy young men in their prime who are frequently tested and who have access to elite medical care is the barometer for how this is going? I’m pretty sure the expected number of COVID-related deaths in MLB is a fraction of a fraction of one person.

1 Like

Lol I have side by side tvs and was just thinking of switching the audio off Houston to the As. Guess I’ll stay put thx to u. I hate when baseball announcers use the term momentum. Just tilts the fugg outa me.

Lol wut???

https://twitter.com/mlb/status/1310777691877060608?s=21

2 Likes

Those rankings are lol. As a Twins fan I would double-fist-pump slam-dunk approve a rotation swap with the Reds.

1 Like

LOL “no better one-two than these three”. Some editor just earned an “E”.