0.36 ERA
18.7 K/9
3.2 BB/9
2.2 H/9
0.60 WHIP
0.74 FIP
1270 ERA+

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1308806733465255936

A Career Cut Short: Bryce Harper Has Quit Baseball Because He Says One Of The Cardboard Cutout Fans Called Him A ‘Fat Boy’

3 days rest? no problem. Absolutely crushed it.

https://twitter.com/Reds/status/1308938544694669313?s=20

My new Cubs clinch the playoffs ! (x3).

So, now we’re down to sweating Sabo the dog’s new Reds. After their win this afternoon, 538 has them at 91%. They have tomorrow off, then finish with three in Minneapolis. The Twinkies have already clinched the playoffs. If the season ended today, we’d have…

Sabo’s new Reds (#7) @ Braves (#2).
Marlins (#6) @ my new Cubs (#3).
Card’s (#5) @ Sabo’s Padres (#4).

Now, fans of the both the Cubs and the Reds are going to agree that the Card’s suck… as that’s both their main rival. The hated Dodgers will always be Padres fans main rival (because LA Sucks!). But unless you’ve suffered as a friar faithful like Sabo has his whole life, you might not know why Padre fans will wholeheartedly join in on the Card’s suck chorus.

That’s because the Card’s have always used the friar as their personal whipping boy, especially in St.Louis, especially in the playoffs.

As I’m sure everyone knows… San Diego has the longest streak of not winning the WS. The Padres have the worst all-time record of the 30 franchises. They have losing records against 25 of them, including 13 of the 16 they’ve played 40+ games. Their second worst among those 13 is -vs- Braves (281-359 .439). Then there’s a large gap. Then we have the worst record -vs- Card’s (203-297 ,406).

In St.Louis they have their worst road record of any of the teams they’ve played 40+ games (86-167 .337). IIRC they’ve done better in the current Busch Stadium. At the previous Busch Stadium they couldn’t buy a win. This goes way back, back to the Randy Jones era. He would win everywhere else and dominated the league for two seasons (1 CY, and was robbed of another)… but he just got slaughtered under the arch. Luckily Sabo’s Padres won’t be playing there this playoffs.

In the playoffs, the Card’s are the only team Sabo’'s Padres have met more than once. The Card’s are 3-0 in series, and 9-1 in games. Only the hated Yankees have a better playoffs record -vs- Padres (4-0).

1 Like

Everyone except Cards fans hates the Cards. And I am all about that.

Here’s the thing though…the Reds still have a shot at the 5 seed, too. So ask yourself, would you rather face the mediocre Cardinals with their Padre-killing tendencies…or the 1-2-3 punch of Bauer-Castillo-Gray and the red-hot Reds?

I’d rather the Reds play the Braves, tbh

Sabo the dog won’t say as he doesn’t want to jinx. The Giants final has changed the “if it ended today” seedings…

No. 1 Dodgers* vs. No. 8 Reds
No. 2 Braves* vs. No. 7 Giants
No. 3 Cubs* vs. No. 6 Marlins
No. 4 Padres* vs. No. 5 Cardinals (*home)

I’m not so superstitious. I got Marlins < Giants < Card’s <<< Reds. The Reds are scorchin’ hot right now. And can’t mention the great R.Jones w/o a 70s big hair pix…

I think at this point I’ll be more upset if Bauer doesn’t win the Cy Young than if the team misses the playoffs. Both would be nice, though.

1 Like

To put this in perspective, the Padres record -vs- Card’s is the 2nd worst between any two teams (100 gm min, the worst is Mariners 56-95 .371 -vs- Astros). There are (30 * 29=) 870 team-pairs in MLB. Or… the Card’s have played .594 against Sabo’s Padres for 51 years. Ouch.

And the the Padres record @ Card’s is also the 2nd worst between any two teams (50 gm min, the worst is Mariners 23-47 .329 -vs- Astros in Seattle). There are (2 * 30 * 29=) 1740 home/away team-pairs in MLB. Or… the Card’s have played .663 against Sabo’s Padres in St.Louis for 51 years. Ouch. Ouch,

Don’t be mad that we (the cards) play the game the “right way”.

That’s the CARDINAL WAY BAAAAAABYYYYY!

I’m a Cards fan but think the whole “best fans in baseball” thing is stupid.

Padres have absolutely zero chance to win this series. Bet your mortgage on it.
Leverage your vital organs on it. Automatic cards sweep.

Also…frick the Dodgers.

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1309323503406116866

3 Likes

These are hot if they don’t expand playoffs. Would have been a crazy finish for WC game between CWS/CLE/NYY and then SFG/STL/CIN/STL/MIA/PHI for the last spot in the NL.

Omg the replies. Incredible use of copypasta

https://twitter.com/reds/status/1309589764295843846?s=21

2 Likes

Let’s see… there’s whoever T.Brennaman was chatting with, whoever the line supervisor was at the time, and whatever manager that let this all happen on their watch… are they all stepping away too?

And letting the fool finish the first game, then randomly in the middle of second game intentionally setting the fool up to fail on live tv (and it had to been obvious that’s exactly what was going to happen)… during live play… you can’t blame the fool for any of that.

Fuck Brennaman and the entire Reds organization for their PR spin but not actually addressing the hate behind the comment. Brennaman still claims he’s never used the term before and that he can’t remember the context behind the comment. Complete BS on both claims - no one uses the term as casually as he did unless its a term he uses commonly, and second the context is clear - he was using it to disparage a city for having too many gay people.

Then for the Reds to give him such a nice send-off and not punish anyone else, it’s clear that they just want to cover their ass as likely most of the organization (at least the broadcast part) saw nothing wrong with Brennaman’s comments and likely had heard him make similar remarks before (just this time it got caught on air).

Yeah, throw the fool who got caught under the bus and move along. Nothing else to see here.

LMFAO. What a fool.

Yea he’s a moron for saying he never said it before. Pretty much every guy has used that word. Some of us grow up and stop saying it. This dude is like “Why, I never!” Ya OK asshole.

2 Likes

say what you want, I’m currently screaming in my house watching my Reds who are currently batting, bases loaded in the top of the 9th, ahead 6-2, and if they win, will clinch a playoff spot.

LFG!!!

1 Like

No covid cases in a while, yeah? I hope no post season games get derailed. It’s been a fun and weird season.

Wasn’t there a bet somewhere itt about whether the season would get to 60 games?