Major League Baseball (Part 1)

I know this is sacrilege, but I’m kind of into these 7-inning double-headers.

2 Likes

Saves the teams with bad bullpens

Last year, my grown daughter and I went to a nighttime, minor league double-header where both games were 7 innings. We agreed early on that we would leave after the first game, since it was an hour drive back.

The home team won the first game. As we were getting up, we both surprisingly said we would’ve liked to have seen another inning or two.

Sure 9 > 7 but my hot take is that 14 > 18.

1 Like

5 inning games would be perfect for me.

Homers down either line at Yankee Stadium should be a ground rule double unless the ball makes it into an upper deck.

2 Likes

Christ it’s like even if the Dodgers somehow get behind they just turn on the cheat code and score runs at will to immediately retake the lead.

Mike Trout hit his 299th home run for the Angels, tying the franchise all time leader… Tim Salmon.

3 Likes

Please god, let the pitcher who gives up his 300th have a fish related name. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Trout must really love money. It’s gotta be torture playing for the Angels.

Sadly no games are scheduled against Anthony Bass from the Blue Jays.

Close but no bass.

Bielak Name Meaning

Polish: patronymic from Bialy (see Bialy). Polish and Jewish (from Poland): nickname for someone who was a fast runner, from bielak ‘mountain hare’ (Lepus variabilis).

1 Like

Don’t think there’s an Orel Hershiser Jr. in MLB.

Who had

Ruiz doubled to right on fan interference. Mountcastle scored and Severino scored.

on their MLB quarantine bingo card?

2 Likes

Dean Kremer, an Israeli kid (grew up in the States to Israeli parents and fluent in Hebrew) made his debut for @Rivaldo ‘s Orioles. He was great, going 6 innings with 7 strikeouts and only 1 hit and 1 earned run vs the Yankees

He’ll be Israel’s ace in the olympic whenever that happen

1 Like

RIP Lou Brock.

One of, if not my earliest sports memory was sneaking downstairs when I was a wee lad to see my dad who was watching the cardinals vs cubs on an impossibly small tv to see Lou Brock on second and then see him steal third.

3 Likes

RIP Lou Brock

1 Like

so cool!

the birds had somehow lost 19 straight to the Yanks, but have since won 3 straight versus them

Very nice.

Never knew Brock was a Cub as a young player. The owner LOL traded him because the racist fans didn’t like the Cubs having a lot of black players. They could have Brock and Banks in the line up for 10+ years.

1 Like