Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Cards going to play one game for fifty five wins or fifty five losses.

WTF is there no good camera angle behind the pitcher in Buffalo? The standard camera shot seems to include the second baseman for some reason. Look terrible.

Naw, that would be a gimmick. Instead…

A 55-header with split opponents, 1-inning games, innings start with 2-out & bases loaded, start removing a defensive player an inning starting in the 2nd.

2 Likes

wegothim dot jpg

Future Met too!

boom! royals have tied it

@skydiver8 I just heard Fuel by Metallica between batters in the game, did you? they played it in stadium, and I could just make it out

we have the worst bullpen in baseball. The best rotation, worst bullpen. fml

that Barlow guy for us is a stud, total workhorse, and hasnt allowed a homer in 44 innings… since sometime in June last year

oh snap Birds are trying to rally, after my boy Castro gave up bombs to Harper and Segura

manbun is in for us, you guys are fucked

Votto. :heart:

1 Like

:goat:

ETA:
https://twitter.com/Reds/status/1293371945166274563?s=20

1 Like

Wade Miley fell off a cliff last year in Houston, and had a hilarious stretch of 4 starts.

He earned a quality start and a win versus the Royals in start #3 of that stretch, but lasted a total of 1 & 1/3rd innings combined in the other 3 starts.

The Tigers tried that formula in the early 2010s. It didn’t end well.

Doctor Rosen Rosen is all fucked up

Christian Colon’s physique is not that of an athlete jfc dude

wonder if 2 Wades had ever previously started the same game before

I don’t know if anyone plays Fantasy Baseball here, but my rotation building has been absurdly fortunate so far in this short season.

I play a 12-team season long roto league with keepers, and went a little light on SP position during the draft. Chris Sale was my big investment in the draft, so my rotation was at that point:

Sale
Corbin (keeper)
Soroka (keeper)
…and a bunch of 200+ ADP kind of guys.

Beat: Sale and Soroka are obviously donezo.

Brag: by some miracle, I am competing for the very top in ratios.

Now my rotation is:

Corbin (a god)
Andrew Heaney (mediocre results so far but solid peripherals) as a mid-late round flier
DeSclafani (0 ER in two starts) as a late round flier
Civale (23:2 K:BB ratio) as another late round flier
Adrian Houser (low k-rate but great results so far) as a super-late round flier
Javier (sub-1 WHIP but shaky peripherals) as a FA pickup
Alec Mills (rungood ratios with mediocre peripherals) as a FA pickup
Zach Eflin (good K:BB but the jury is very much still out) as a FA pickup

I didn’t intend to go this hard in having a rotation basically entirely composed of total scrubs, but this definitely seems to validate that strategy.

Variance: we adjusted the keeper rules this year to have basically no keeper round penalty due to the short season, so I get to keep all these late round fliers who are looking like potential top-30 pitchers next season in super late draft rounds.

1 Like

Fairy Tale sports needs it’s own thread

1 Like

no it doesn’t. quit being so rigid

who are your position players? I quit fantasy last year. Just got too rustled. I’d played for 30 approximate years. A buddy and I had a heads-up-type NBA thing going when I was a teen in the 80s. We’d have to check the newspaper’s box scores to tabulate production

Those old school leagues where you checked the newspaper for the box scores sound amazing. Now you get instant gratification, add drop players as much as you want, etc. Baseball is the hardest by far, since it’s literally a 24/7 news cycle for 6 months of the year, but it’s also easiest since there is so much less randomness in the events over time.

My team is:
C: Stassi
Inf: Rizzo, Torres, Suarez, Story, Baez plus two more slots filled by whoever is hot, currently Dylan Moore, Donovan Solano, Todd Frazier, Maikel Franco, and just picked up Bohm at the call up
OF: JD Mart, Harper, Meadows, and two more slots which are currently Santander and Solak but I don’t believe in either of them. Dylan Moore too depending on which teams are sitting that day (this year is absolute chaos–I love it). Upton on bench.
Bullpen: Workman, Anderson, Britton, Wick, Kela

It’s a ridic stacked team for a deep 12-team league (besides having no rotation except a bunch of scrubs), but my offense has started slow on account of Suarez and Torres being terrible so far. I don’t really believe in either of them, but they’re keepers at hugely beneficial draft positions so I’m stuck with them even though I’d never draft them at ADP. Such is life.

1 Like