Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Orioles and Royals have course-corrected. yeaah!

So now we are a couple weeks into the season, how do we feel about the chances this will keep going?

• We will have a “full” 60 game season
  • The season will end early

0 voters

A rare display of UP optimism? What do you all think MLB will suddenly do the right thing?

It’s more that I don’t think all of the teams will play the full slate. Maybe there will be a final weekend octoheader of 2 inning games that pushes everyone to 60.

1 Like

I was figurin’ that if the Cards don’t play on Thursday that was the end of the dream for them playing 60. That’s where we are at…

Having been pessimistic about this from the start and wrong every step of the way (they’ll never start - they started, they’ll never continue after the first inevitable outbreak - they continued) they’re obviously finishing bc to say otherwise is rivermanesque.

Oh man, almost had a repeat with a Mariners stack again. Kyle Lewis at bat in the bottom of the 9th with bases loaded (including two of my players). Just get a hit and I’m top 3 for sure.

edit - nevermind, I forgot Mike Trout was still playing

[It’s a $4 buy-in tournament with 25k teams]

Lol, that’s a pretty big oops.
And that was a pretty long home run.

it dropped me to 18th, but i would probably make top 3 if Lewis gets a hit there.

I feel like Texas new ballpark has been a huge edge this year. At first people kept playing those games as if it was still 110 degrees in the old park and no one was on the pitchers. Now everyone avoids it and they don’t check if the roof is open (as it was today and I stacked the hell out of that game on both sides).

https://twitter.com/alexfast8/status/1293000099199692800?s=21

That pitch reminded me of Kerry Wood striking out Derek Bell in his 20 strikeout game only for me to realize that May’s pitch had more movement than Wood’s!

I guess if you want to be technical, that was the last pitch of Wood’s complete game while the tweet was May’s first.

1 Like

Latest rumors… MLB throwing in the towel having the Cardinals playing 60, and playoffs maybe in a bubble…

I’m getting really tired of the Dodgers just pulling pitchers like this out of their ass every season, the Giants are bad enough at hitting as it is.

2 Likes

Told you that pitch is disgusting!

Absolutely unhittable.

I might have screwed up the poll. I voted “We will have a ‘full’ 60 game season”, but I just meant that we’ll have a full season. I don’t think every team will hit 60 games. But if forced to put money on it, I’d bet that we hit an average of 50 games per team.

Also, the main reason I came here just now to post is that I’m not sure where else to let everyone know that Frankie Lindor is officially my favorite player. That is all.

This Charlie Blackmon fellow is pretty good at hitting baseballs.

Wait a second…

Like his chocolates for sure.

Coming up right now: the first MLB game in Sahlen Field, Buffalo NY. Finally, the Toronto Blue Jays of Buffalo are going to have a true home game. They’ll tie Globe Life Field for the lowest opening game attendance: -zero-, and are odds-on to have the lowest all-time total attendance for a MLB stadium: again -zero-.

The visiting Marlins have also yet to play a true home game. They’re scheduled to do so on Friday.

https://twitter.com/MarlyRiveraESPN/status/1293296620042424322?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet