Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Nice an assault with a deadly weapon for “hot dogging it” around the bases yesterday. Let’s see if we can seriously injure one of the young, rising starts of baseball. That would be great the sport.

pfft. he’s not even top 5 in RoY odds.

Lindor looked like he was lecturing Alvarez after he hit the tying HR yesterday too.

aaaannd there goes the real RotY. Carroll hurts himself on a swing.

again? oh that’s not good

that’s okay arizona has football season and oh right the QB tore his knee welp

well I was told to bet those rookies on the reds

Oof. Despite being a fan of the team that has the next four guys in line for ROTY, I like Carroll and that really sucks. Hopefully it’s not as bad as it looked.

You gotta bend your knees ump

2 Likes

This game had a great sequence where call 1 lead to angels manager Phil Nevin getting ejected a few pitches later, and the first pitch after the ejection was call 2.

There isn’t a better uniform than the gradient DEVIL RAYS one.

Two divisional rivals battling for first place…one and a half runs! Kill me. @skydiver8

I feel bad for the ump on this one. None of those are egregious, but the overall impact is huge.

Yup - they really just need to go to the challenge system for balls/strikes. Umps generally do a pretty solid job, so think if you could challenge a few high leverage calls a game, it would solve 95% of the issues. Also would help with all the ejections we’ve been seeing this year for arguing balls and strikes.

1 Like

Thats a bad way to look at it imo. Those are all egregious because they are punishing the best pitches and takes. No one is missing a 90mph strike down the middle of the plate or a ball in the dirt.

2 Likes

Challenge system doesn’t make sense to me on any level other than appeasing self-preserving umpires. The “we had the correct answer the whole time but will only reveal it if you have enough challenge tokens” has strong carnival-game-to-protect-rent-seekers vibes.

1 Like

Tigers have a combined no hitter going against the Jays after 8 innings.

2 Likes

And the Jays have been no hit. :(

Sure - it’s inferior to robot umps, but seems MLB isn’t willing to do robot umps yet, so challenge system is better than what we currently have. I guess a better alternate could be a system where if the pitch is outside the MOE, the ump gets buzzed and the call is reversed - would just need to ensure that it’s fast enough.

I used to think combined no-hitters were lame, but I think the players really enjoy that it was a team pitching effort.

Kevin Gausman - tied for 3rd worst run support in MLB (min 15 starts)

Da Tigers World Series win 7.8.23 never forget