Major League Baseball (Part 1)

I was actually just thinking about how silly it is to celebrate a combined no-hitter. I imagine a Bill Burr skit:

You know, I get a “no-hitter.” It’s a rare, awesome achievement. You got a pitcher who shuts you down for 9 innings, especially in this pansy age where most pitchers get the vapers if they have to pitch past 6 innings. So a no-hitter is a fuckin big deal.

But a combined no-hitter? All that says is that numerous pitchers, some of whom probably aren’t even that good, shut your weak-ass down by pitching a few innings each. In fact, all that means is we’re highlighting a team WHO PLAYED LIKE SHIT!

Instead of “No hitter alert,” the TV chyrons should read "BLUE JAYS SUCKED TODAY–got No-Hit by numerous pitchers YOU’VE NEVER HEARD OF.

2 Likes

Let us have something in Detroit.

1 Like

Screenshot from 2023-07-08 18-39-13

Last Reds player to steal 2nd, 3rd, and home in the same inning was Greasy Neale on 8/15/1919.

7 Likes

Each team gets three challenges that they retain in perpetuity if correct? It just seems like there are a thousand ways for that to lead to really dumb outcomes. If it’s anything like the tennis HawkEye system I think it would make baseball significantly worse aside from whatever manufactured drama it might create (which I also think is fool’s gold but the TV coin counters probably love).

Futures Game is on now (7 PM) airing on Peacock and SiriusXM. :harold: Is there some reason this couldn’t have been shown on MLB Network / TV?

I’m starting to suspect he’s not actually human

2 Likes

Bobby Witt Jr a double shy of the cycle

Honestly I thought the 2-out RBI was more impressive than the steals. If he actually figures out how to hit for contact then he’ll be drawing to MVP nearly every year.

40 games under .500, ninety games into the season

Tigers going to win the central. We got the pitching.

1 Like

the saddest part

which team is this referring to?

1 Like

Royals

A’s are 41 under .500, through 91 played lol

Poor Logan Webb. He has such nasty stuff and can only win giving up less than 3

Tigazzzz

Hopefully Torkelson has figured it out. Baez is playing better, apparently made a pretty outrageous defensive play recently too

Who else they got? Rodriguez got lit up just off the IL, but I like him to settle back in. He came up in the O’s system iirc

Ohtani had a sac fly, single, triple and HR yesterday.

Angels lose 10-5

5 Likes

If my team won the WS in 2015, I’d be cool with them being 40 games under for the next 40 years.

He’s just not a Winner.

I’m a cubs fan–we’re good for like 100–we have to be

He’s Rickey Henderson

I was thinking Soriano with more speed and power.