Major League Baseball (Part 1)

I thought you were being glib.

That’s embarrassing

Jeffrey Springs from TB pitched 6 innings, 81 pitches, 12 strikeouts, 0 hits 1 walk. Benched before the 7th.

Assuming (big assumption) they don’t give up 4+ in the 9th, Red Sox have scored 9 in all three games this year.

If only the pitching was close to mediocre

1 Like

I’m just glad the series is over so I can finally watch them play. I hate MLB’s market blackout shit. Their opening day game was even advertised as the free national game in MLB.tv… unless you live in the Orioles TV market

LOL at calling it “benched.” There is no reason to push a pitcher to throw more than 80 pitches in his first outing of the season.

This is the same reason why BaBe RuTh being considered a goat is comical.

Just another reason that the inevitable conclusion we will all reach is Tony Gwynn the goat.

1 Like

And yet couldn’t hit Roy Hobbs at a county fair half assing it. Gmafb.

1 Like

Sorry, only started watching baseball in the us. My lingo is off

The real GOATs are Josh Gibson or Oscar Charleston.

Both of whom rated Ruth as >>>>>>>>> but never mind that.

pitch clock is amazing and anyone who doesn’t like it can go to hell

7 Likes

I wasn’t sure if you knew that in America players are “benched” when they’re slumping or otherwise acting in such a way that the manager doesn’t want them playing.

However, I was surprised that you seemed to be sneering about the pitcher being taken out, since I know that you care a lot about player safety (or at least about players getting hit by the pitch). It’s pretty normal for teams to restrict the number of pitches thrown at either the beginning of the season or when a player returns after an injury.

That’s what’s wrong with baseball these days, Jack Morris would throw 217 pitches on opening day and sure he gave up 8 runs but his team scored 9 because he’s a WINNER.

3 Likes

Of course, the push for pitcher safety is all about money rather than teams giving a crap about a player’s workload and health.

#NicCageseesyoumeme

That thrown out base stealer by Realmuto was pretty amazing as well.

Sure but i wanna see no hitters :(

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1642641823578435584

And the Angels lost 13-2

2 Likes

2023 2

While he did see them workout, Sabo didn’t see his Padres play a game this spring. He hasn’t seen his Padres play since way back on August 1st, 2022. That ends today, Sabo will be attending the Snakes @ Padres game this evening at 6:40.

On our recent Phoenix trip, Sabo went to see three morning workouts. Unlike most of the games, these workouts are dog friendly. I hadn’t known this before, and I feel I’ve been missing bets. It was a really cool place to walk your dog! We chatted with two other folks with their dogs there… the parents of Shane McGuire (A’s organization) and Lucas Dunn (Padres organization).

As for SDDC action… the Royals pummelled the Rangers 14-5 in Cactus League action on March 8th, 2023 in Surprise AZ. The loss eliminated Texas. Today’s game between the D’backs and Padres is not an elimination game, however a loss effectively dooms the D’backs.

4 Likes

I just want to enjoy this being one of the rare moments the rangers have been more than two games over five hundred in a decade.

Giants putting on an HR clinic today. 7 HR with a GS.

Villar is going to pay major dividends for this team for a long time. Kid is goooooooood. MVP in both AA and the PCL last year.