Major League Baseball (Part 1)

The Braves are retiring the number 25 of…Andruw Jones?? :thinking:

Braves fans love Andruw Jones. He’s 10th in franchise WAR and every person ahead of him is a HOFer.

1 Like

I’m a Braves fan. All I remember him for is whiffing in the most crucial playoff moments and not being able to spell his own name :man_shrugging:

1 Like

With games running quite a bit shorter, thanks to the pitch clock, I hope MLB will consider doing away with the ridiculous ghost runner in extra innings.

3 Likes

Mariners are the biggest joke in the mlb. No idea why I continue to be a fan of them.

It’s a real runner. He’s actually there.

4 Likes

If I told someone the Padres were trailing 4-3 in the bottom of the ninth and won thanks to two solo home runs and gave them 100 guesses I don’t think anyone would pick these two names.

Bet they lost though

Man, Yelich is washed. He still gets on base at a good clip, but his bat is just gone. Brewers won 10-0 today. Rookie Brice Turang hits a grand slam for his first major league homer. Everyone in the starting lineup gets a hit except Yelich, who goes 0-4 with 4 strikeouts and a walk.

Shitty Braves fan, and the spelling thing is a bit racist

Are you aware that he’s the best defensive centerfielder of all time?

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/MLB/status/1643085231065366531

I’m a 90s Braves Kid, with Skip and Joe and Pete and Don, and I loved Andruw Jones. He did strike out a lot but he was a highlight reel in center and good defensive CFers that can hit HRs are not that easy to come by.

His post-30 decline was very precipitous for a relatively modern player, he had the aging profile of a mid 20th century player. Back int he 50s-70s lots of players’ productive fell off a cliff in their 30s. It’s easy to forget how good he was up to age 30 because he hung on for 5 years after that playing partial seasons of mediocre baseball and that probably tarnished his legacy for people unfairly. Up until age 30 he was kind of like an 85 cents on the dollar Ken Griffey Jr, which is a HOFer.

2 Likes

Lol, M’s finally make the playoffs, and then draw ~ 15 fans to the park.

GJGE Seattle

Same

No it fucking isnt

Well he’s getting older so at least Brewers will stop paying him in * checks spotrac * 2042 :eyes:

2 Likes

It’s incredible to look back at that 2019 MVP race where Bellinger was 23 and Yelich was 27, and now 4 seasons later both are close to unplayable.

1 Like

Yet pete davidson’s stock just keeps rising

1 Like

Speaking from experience, you continue being a fan because the hope of a WS victory makes all the years watching dogshit teams fail worth it.

1 Like