Major League Baseball (Part 1)

He hated Steinbrenner because he mouthed off about wearing his hat backwards. But if he was drafted by the Yankees it’s not like he would refuse to play.

Yea didn’t Yankee fans cheer his home run in 1998 WS?

Nope. He wouldn’t have played.

1 Like

Yep.

1 Like

Actually, he hated them because they were racist fucks, basically. Or at least that’s what he implied: And he said he’d retire if the Yankees were the only team to offer a contract.

2 Likes

“If you don’t believe me, you don’t know me”. Griffey wasn’t my favorite baseball player, but he never came off as insincere.

You’re not supposed to look above the waist. Do you guys even know what matters?

I mean, the guy took a pay cut to come home to Cincinnati. I believe him :joy:

Do you know what his dog looks like?

Meet Moo Moo

Right. The the biggest team in the biggest city of the country drafts him and he’s like “No thanks” because the owner doesn’t like his hat. :roll_eyes:

If Mike Trout walked into my room with a shirt saying “I am Mike Trout” I still wouldn’t be sure. Kind of a problem of the current MLB. Lebron James, Steph Curry, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, duh.

2 Likes

I’ll take the man at his word.

It wasn’t because of the hat. Watch the video I posted.

Tl;dw: yankees kicked kid Kenny out of the dugout when his dad brought him, but let Graig Nettles’ kid (ahem white)take ground balls at 3rd. Racism or not, he saw them treat his dad and him like that, and I guess he holds a grudge

2 Likes

It bugs me when people say that Trout is the most unrecognizable star there is.

While that may be true, that’s a “you” problem as a sports fan. If you paid closer attention, you might see the truly remarkable things about his game.

If he got hit by a bus tomorrow, for me he’s already in the Ruth/Bonds pantheon GOAT discussion. His career is ALREADY at least as good as Mantle’s, and probably ahead of Ted or Stan or anyone else you can put up there.

2 Likes

Trout already has more career WAR than Jeter.

He has about 20 more career WAR than Babe Ruth did through the same age.

Ruth is the all time leader in WAR with 168. Trout is at 73, and he’s 28 years old.

3 Likes

The gap between Mike Trout and the second best player is as wide as the ocean which is crazy considering baseball is more competitive, players are more athletic, and all of the analytics have been checked.

It’s down to the dwindling popularity of baseball. Baseball stars are now regional stars. Lebron, Curry, Messi, Ronaldo, Mahomes etc are global superstars.

It’s not down to skill, it’s marketing.

It’s not like baseball was ever going to be interesting to people who have the attention span of a King Charles spaniel.

You ever watched the Westminster Dog Show? It takes a pretty large attention span.