Major League Baseball (Part 1)

good point.

https://twitter.com/jluckhaupt/status/1290082816869318656?s=20

Trout made the playoffs in 2014 (and then got swept by the Royals). But yeah, it may still hurt his career evaluation a bit.

With 16 teams making it this year, he should have a solid shot - perhaps the best he’ll have in the near term future.

:roll_eyes:

Catch up to the conversation. We all know his value. In 20 years people will bring up the playoff thing

3-6 not going to get it done

1 Like

What hurts Trout is he plays for the Angels. I have no idea what he looks like.

1 Like

MLB has the possible GOAT playing and nobody knows what he looks like. GJGE MLB marketing

1 Like

I think its partly because Mike Trout looks like a random dude who works at the pizza place on main street.

3 Likes

So does Tom Brady but a way higher fraction of people could pick him out of a lineup.

I hate to say anything positive about Brady but he’s very handsome and married to an elite model

1 Like

He’s played in 9 super bowls, which is about as high profile a single event that exists in sports.

Hi. Aaron Judge can hit the baseball. Bye.

Tom Brady is basically Matt Damon’s doppelganger.

Trout is about as average looking as you can get.

I mean, if an average-looking dude was absolutely shredded, then yeah.

1 Like

You can’t tell he’s shredded.

Playing for a west coast team has always doomed a player to semi-obscurity.

In a non-pandemic year, the Angels play 81 at home, 2-3 in LA, and 9-10 in Oakland and Seattle each. The vast majority of those are night games. Which are on overnight where most peeps live.

Before the interwebs it was much worse. Newspapers out east wouldn’t even carry box scores of west coast night games. IDK how many peeps asked me how this T.Gwynn Sr dude could keep racking up 200 hits/yr when they never even seen him have a multiple hit game in their newspapers.

2 Likes

lol “shredded”

1 Like

Yea can you imagine if Griffey played on the Yankees or Red Sox?

Griffey was never going to be a Yankee. He hates them.

How about if T.Gywnn Sr played on those teams?

There has never been a sports icon linked to a city quite like Tony Gwynn is to San Diego. This isn’t only, perhaps not even mainly, because of the 3000 hits. Perhaps, it’s mainly because he was such a class act.

Put him in Yankee Stadium, on a winning team, for 20 years… ZOMG.

1 Like

Why are the Angels so bad? Trout, Ohtani (batting), Rendon, Fletcher, Goody. They should be able to make something happen. No pitching is the problem?

No pitching, plus paying $50 million per for negative production from Pujols and Upton doesn’t help.

1 Like