Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Thats incredible. How do you typo two letters in the same name? I can see Hanlet or Hamley, but not Hanley

M/n and t/y are beside each other on a keyboard.

“It’s a good name, right?”

:leolol:

2 Likes

Let’s be honest. It wouldn’t even make the K&P skit

Some real barn burner of names in the sports world.

Is Hanley really worse than LeBron

Ya it’s a fine name. I am just having a laugh because he seemed a little conflicted with needing some reassurance immediately after saying he loved it.

Donald Trump: Han-Lee - sounds Chinese, doesn’t it?

It’s a good name. It’s unique, but still sounds close enough to a “real” name so as not to be too bizarre.

Can you explain what’s wrong with LeBron?

So on Detroit radio like five years ago the morning show was doing a bit on sports stars with two first names

Chris Paul

Etc

Someone said lebron james and it was an awkward pause then laughs. Cause you know. He doesn’t have two first names.

So to answer your questions. Racism.

,Just a month now until the first spring training games.

This clock says 20 days and I want to believe

It’s 20 days until pitchers and catchers report. It’s 31 days until the first spring training games. Perhaps 33 days until Sabo the dog attends his first game: Bark at the Park, Sunday February 26, 1:10 MST D’backs -vs- Sabo’s Padres @ Peoria AZ.

4 Likes

Scott Rolen and Todd Helton are the only ones with a plausible path to Hall of Fame induction this year.

http://www.bbhoftracker.com/

Rolen is at 79.6% of disclosed ballots, and would need 70.7% on remaining ballots. So he needs better than a -7% gap between currently public ballots and the remaining ballots (some of which will be revealed after the results, others of which will remain private).

Helton is on 79.1% of disclosed ballots, and would need 71.2% on remaining ballots. So he needs better than a -8% gap between currently public and remaining.

Last year:
Rolen: 63.2% of final vote, 34.2% on private ballots, 71.2% on pre-results public ballots, 67.2% on post-results public ballots.

Helton: 52% of final vote, 41.1% on private ballots, 57.1% on pre-results public ballots, 50% on post-results public ballots.

Gonna be tough for either one.

Chip Caray is no longer the TV announcer for Atlanta :))))))))

He’s now St Louis’s problem

Interesting. I liked Helton a lot as a player and his peak was legit (he averaged 7.5 bWAR over his peak from ages 26 to 30, that’s pretty damned good), but he lacks a typical HOF narrative. He didn’t really stand out in a field of 1B sluggers of the early 2000s, even if the cold calculation of WAR says he should have. No MVPs, no post season achievements to speak off. He was a good defensive first baseman but again that doesn’t tend to whip up an emotional narrative to build a case.

Rolen I think has a better chance of getting in on a wave of passionate analytics advocacy. He was a great player by the eyeball test AND the analytics suggest he did enough over his career as a great defensive and very good offensive third baseman. He’s like Graig Nettles but people actually appreciate that skill set now.

Don’t think either one are HOF players but wouldn’t be mad if they got in.

Rolen definitely deserves it. Feel Helton is a stretch - peak was solid but not amazing for a 1B and his peak wasn’t even that long.

LOL Manny Ramirez not a hall of famer? gg baseball

BARK AT THE PARK

1 Like