Major League Baseball (Part 1)

https://twitter.com/Reds/status/1618081285448294400

4 Likes

Him and rocket and bonds will get in some day.

Not if we all die first

I’m old man shouting at clouds. So happy they aren’t in. That said, if they get in eventually I’m still glad they had to suck rotten eggs for 20 years waiting.

1 Like

I’m also satisfied that ‘Shoeless’ Jackson and Rose aren’t in.

The HOF is a mom-n-pop non-profit, and they can do whatever they want, of course. That being said, I feel it’s well within the realm of possibilities that mom and pop might one sad day decide to do a PED era amnesty, and pick a special committee to enshrine those cheaters.

Now that MLB is officially in business with the sports books and daily fantasy, perhaps someday there might be a consorting with gamblers amnesty too. That would be popular. And who knows… maybe an amnesty for the Cheatin’ 'Stros too.

1 Like

Thom Brennaman is back, baby! Designated for assignment to some livestream called Off the Bench on Chatterbox Sports.

He has Marty on now talking about Jeff Kent getting snubbed. Both said he was a Major League asshole which may be the reason people didn’t vote him lololol. I mean they are absolutely right (probably for the wrong reasons) that the Baseball Writers of America are complete frauds and need to be out of this thing yesterday.

It’s their Hall of Fame, so if they want to exclude steroid users (or alleged steroid users) while openly welcoming guys hopped up on amphetamines that’s up to them.

To clarify, it’s not the BBWAA’s HOF. The HOF is a family owned non-profit. Since day one, they’ve delegated the mainstream induction voting to the BBWAA. The HOF can always change their mind, and pick their inductees some other way. That’s what they already do with the various era committees.

The flip-side is, the BBWAA picking HOF inductees, the BBWAA handing out yearly awards, are, and always have been, pretty obvious violations of journalistic standards, Sports is full of this failure. Perhaps the worst being the AP writers voting in their sports polls.

There’s not any sports journalism. Just sports marketing

1 Like

Is there a racial breakdown of the voting baseball writers anywhere? They love them some motherfucking Curt Schilling, but gotta watch out for angry black guys steroid users like Sheff.

He didn’t get in either.

He should have never been on the ballot.

Scorching hot take

Yeah I dislike the guy as much as anyone and even I dont believe that. I do believe he shouldnt have made it in, but not being on the ballot is ludicrous

He requested to be removed from the ballot.

I love Sheffield, but there is a fair argument that he was a HOF hitter but with defense so bad it offsets that enough.

eh, he only requested that (IIRC) in the last year or two. So it’s kind of ridiculous to say that he should never have been on the ballot. (Maybe I misinterpreted you and you’re just referring to being on the ballot this year.)

I’m also ok with Marvin Miller being elected.

The bloody sock game was a disgrace

1 Like

I’m assuming you’re familiar with his body of work, so is there anything he could have done that would make you think his name should have been removed from the ballot?

https://twitter.com/JayCuda/status/1618415346909843459

4 Likes