Major League Baseball (Part 1)

When you adjust his OBP and HR for the era, it is clear that playing for the Braves is not a necessary qualifier for his HOF candidacy

His objective hitting value numbers are good enough, and this extra committee’s goal is to find basically exactly him

Back when Boggs went in, the inductees could conduct a bidding war. Now the HOF decides.

2 Likes

Aaron Judge decision is supposed to come on Weds. I think he leaves and I kinda hope he leaves, but radio dorks seem to think he’s staying, don’t know what the latest chatter is.

Haha I forgot about that. The Devil Rays paid him to put their hat on his plaque. It was a big part of why they signed him in the first place.

1 Like

He’s coming to Atlanta and we’re changing the team name to the Judges

2 Likes

I don’t hate the Mets as much as I’m supposed to but them getting terrorized by Judge on an actually good team would be a few bags of popcorn.

1 Like

Can easily convert the tomahawk chop into the gavel swing.

6 Likes

Throwing Into a Bucket From the Outfield Hall of Fame

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1599816869044957185

The Mets have two starters making $43 million per season, bananas.

Two 40 year olds, lol.

1 Like

I was so dissapointed when the Jays traded McGriff to the Padres. Two of my favorite players traded away hurt. Fred McGriff and Tony Fernandez for Roberto Alomar and Joe Carter is a pretty damn big blockbuster trade with two hall of famers in the trade. A pretty even trade on paper but it worked out real good for the Jays.

1 Like

You are correct.

“Orrrrrrr orrr order
Order orrr order”

2 Likes

And neither of them is Jacob deGrom!

Mcgriff is an all time great ballcap wearer, just look at that thing barely sitting on top of his head! we used to emulate this all the time growing up, those Emanski infomercials were amazing

4 Likes

Judge’s decision is in…Yankees are in salary hell for the foreseeable future

Booooooooooooo. Im honestly surprised he turned the Giants down

There’s no salary cap and they always have more money. Salary hell doesn’t exist for them.

2 Likes

The Fed should increase rates to 4000% to get MLB wages under control, IMO.

1 Like

Their version of salary hell is self-imposed. They don’t want to go high into the luxury tax, although they can clearly afford to. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them shedding contracts in 2-3 years, they’ve done it before.