Major League Baseball (Part 1)

I was a kid, the spitter, nail file stuff was highly entertaining to a 10 year old.

1 Like

Rangers and Angels competing to see who can spend the most on a 75-win team.

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1598845205763047425?s=61&t=qBkKlm8XK7vPynTjhVLiwQ

1 Like

Question that randomly occurred to me today: who is more HOF-worth, Dale Murphy or Cutch?

They are both relatively short career players, so the HOF case for either rests on valuing peak more than is typically done. The case for who is more HOF-worthy depends, then, on who had the better peak with possibly a mild component based on defensive value. It is left as an exercise for the reader as to which stats they prefer for evaluating peak performance.

FWIW, I think they both get in eventually, though I don’t think either will get in through the front door, so to speak. (That door closed a while ago for Murphy, obv).

you’d think if any team would realize throw money at the problem doesn’t work out in baseball well, it’s the rangers

AL west is weird. No clue what happens next year.

A’s number 1 obv

Trea Turner to the Phillies. 11 years $300 million.

Lol, Mcgriff to the hall, Bonds and Clemens out

4 Likes

Now that McGriff is on that side, through no fault of his own, I think I’m going to switch to that side and have much more fun. Not just because I have always deeply loved Fred McGriff.

THEY SHOULDN’T HAVE DONE ROIDS IF THEY WANTED IN THE HALL

3 Likes

McGriff gas to be one of the most likeable players ever. He’s like a cool uncle that mashes dinners.

1 Like

Crime dog was great. Love dude.

Bonds was the greatest hitter of all time, end everyone involved in MLB knows that. It’s OK that he doesn’t get one of the weird-looking plaques.

2 Likes

McGriff was way better than I thought he was. I laughed when I saw he got in and then was blown away by his numbers.

What team is McGriff going in as? Blue Jays or Braves obviously, although he also played on the (Devil) Rays, Cubs, Dodgers, and Sabo the dog’s Padres.

He should def go in as a Jay.

He will go as a Brave.

1 Like

He’s a touch underrated as a hitter because he played his prime years before the steroid era, and it was harder to hit HRs back then. He never hit 40 in a season, but he led his league twice.

I am happy to see him in because he’s cool and has an all time great sports nickname. The arguments against him for the HOF are valid (bad defender even for a 1B, no signature MVP caliber seasons, arguably was never the best 1B in the league or the best player on his own team), but whatever. Crime Dog!

2 Likes

McGriff couldn’t have done it without Tom Emanski.

5 Likes

nobody remembers him on the Jays so it’s Braves even though his braves career was worse than his padres career

only remember him as a brave/devil ray and that portion was nowhere close, the blue jays is the meat of it wouldn’t have gotten in without the tier 1 nickname and the braves being that good when he was there