Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Easy game

As much as I’ve enjoyed this run and love this team, watching some of these guys with no plate discipline is driving me nuts. Like Castellanos is in bizarro world. Watches most strikes and swings at everything out of the zone.

Then was it Bohm who struck out on four pitches, none of which were strikes?

Hoskins is just going to take his cuts in the first 4-5 pitches every time and he’s either going to miss or hit it to a neighboring county.

Meanwhile the Astros have like seven or eight infield hits in the series.

I love analytics and Moneyball so watching Castellanos attempt to golf balls that are short hopping home plate is a nightmare.

Someone needs to make this team watch the scenes of Moneyball explaining the importance of working a pitch count and getting walks on a loop on the flight to Houston.

Marsh’ situational at bat was the worst of the bunch when he was up w runners at the corners and 1 out down a run. Jfc dude, put the ball in play. Why are you going up taking giant swings?

The Phillies are losing because they are reverting to who they have been most of the year. High K rate and suspect D. Astros have reverted the other way.

It’s been a magic ride and a fun month of baseball. If it ends here, so be it.

Nats pulled it off last time down 3-2 to the ‘Stros. Not a great chance, but a chance.

1 Like

Phillies need some more astros SP to tip pitches

Good thing they pulled Wheeler :harold:

2 Likes

Bunting 0-2 count nobody on down 3 what in the world

3 Likes

No clue what that was.

https://twitter.com/mlbonfox/status/1589090997560307712?s=46&t=DU3uXYNskyUS1uB2tW29HA

1 Like

Misclick

1 Like

Look on the bright side, Phils: nobody has to take the time to edit this meme

1 Like

Woohoooooo

Dammit. Started having some dusty feelings for Dusty. Wtf is wrong with me.

2 Likes

You mean that guy who should have won 20 fucking years ago and blew it?

1 Like

I was just totally dumbfounded and I went on Twitter and some reporters at the game said they had a massive massive shift on when Schwarber had two strikes and that if he laid one down the third base line he legit might have had a double. So that at least explains the thought process. Not a very good thought process IMO but at least less dumbfounding.

1 Like

Dusty’s the man. Happy for him.

Astros entered Dynasty territory, and he got them there. Hall of Famer for sure. (The second sentence wasn’t determined by the first, but it’ll make it a no-brainer now).

This scenario of bunting for a hit with two strikes is nothing new. Other players have done it this year against the shift, with the argument being that the likelihood of them getting on base with a two-strike count is less than the likelihood of just putting down a bunt in fair territory on the 3rd base side of the infield.

2 Likes

Ah gotcha. I don’t have time to watch regular season baseball anymore on TV, just go to games at Fenway 5x or so and watch playoffs - didn’t know that was a thing.

I like Dusty and am ok with him personally winning. He has a reputation as a player’s manager and has won everywhere he’s been if you take out that one rough year with the Cubs.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/DannyVietti/status/1589144061440843776?t=rDRuyNn-tXWku1N-bjdSSQ&s=15

2 Likes

What a nerd