Major League Baseball (Part 1)

There is all the leverage in the world there. Baseball has a common law anti-trust exemption. The other leagues, NFL, NBA, NHL have to have vanity laws passed that allow them to collectively bargain their tv rights. That’s why the NFL can’t televise games on Friday or Saturday from Labor Day until the 2nd week in December.

Didn’t know it was a rule.

They must have changed it recently; there’s a Black Friday game next season.

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. IIRC it’s an Amazon game, and the 1961 law might not cover streaming.

It also, in effect, protects high school football and college football game attendance by blacking out pro football games locally on Friday evenings and Saturdays during those sports’ regular seasons; these measures effectively outlawed the broadcasting (and, in practice, the playing) of NFL games on those days, since virtually all of the country is within 75 miles (120 km) of at least one high school game on every Friday night in September and October.

Gee I started all this. I just hate having my vibe harshed by all the damn ads. Really hits the World Series because of the timing.

I know that it wouldn’t be constitutional. Just a fantasy wish.

2 Likes

Are we sure mattress Mack isn’t just a huge degen?

1 Like

He is a huge degen, but he figured out a way to use it to his advantage.

The first time he ran his free furniture promo, it was basically just a bet with employees and he didn’t think to hedge it with an actual bet. He lost $7 million or $9 million or something giving away free furniture.

Yeah they said he had several million on the Bengals to win the Super Bowl last year, which obviously has no promotional tie-in for him, so I think he’s just a massive degen.

And he’s about to lose $10M.

Yeah, he’s been making tons of big bets the last few years. He lost on the Bengals, the Kentucky Derby, Alabama vs. Georgia, and obviously the Astros recently. He won on Kansas in the Dance.

(I think he does store promotions with all of them. If not all, then most. I don’t think it’s just with the Astros, though I could be wrong).

EDIT: Yeah, I just checked and he ran a promo with the Bengals bet.

Lol Phillies

2018-2021 September Nola has turned into World Series Nola.

Just need World Series Verlander back on the mound tomorrow.

So do they get no hit here? We need a magic 8 ball in here

1 Like

Boy the buzz for a combined no-hitter is palpable around here!

1 Like

I’m really enjoying this :slightly_smiling_face:

Who are these people behind home plate leaving during a no hitter in the WS in the 9th lol

One more to history!

Let’s fucking go

I’m trying to think of a sex analogy for combined no-hitter.

Complete game no hitter: great sex
Combined no hitter: ?

Yawn

Mike Wilbon is going to have some spicy thoughts about the combined no-hitter tomorrow!

Yup and I’m sure it will start with him claiming he was at the last WS no-no and this is crap compared to that for reasons reasons

1 Like

Bunch of dudes running a train and they are the only ones that finish?