Major League Baseball (Part 1)

GJGE Guardians. Go Padres!

2 Likes

Yayyyyy my two least favorite teams in the ALCS

Great atmosphere at this game. Best sound system I’ve heard in an outdoor stadium.

4 Likes

FS1 not one of the plane channels. Listening on XM app.

Post season baseball is intense.

2 Likes

He didn’t throw one strike to Bell. WTF were they swinging at?

Here’s the highlight of the game. Scwarber absolutely demolished this ball. Harpers reaction is great.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Phillies/status/1582548341820297216?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

1 Like

https://twitter.com/CrossingBroad/status/1582548977097973760?t=qK80q4Lb3-vWWs-cdIcV4A&s=19

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1582550488603664386?t=zDtOtS6xd-u77o64bdKTSw&s=19

1 Like

My 4 year old grandson makes that exact face.

2 Likes

I knew that thing was a rocket live! They never displayed the footage on the scoreboard. But I was like - Jesus that looked like 500’.

We were in the nosebleeds on 3rd base side. It just looked like a rope to the upper deck from my angle.

I videoed every pitch of the last two ABs - hoping to catch a 3-run dong and history. Nope pretty boring game and the crowd was still electric. I’d love to have seen them have something to actually cheer for.

2 Likes

Playoff baseball atmosphere is incredible, but gotta say that SD crowd seemed a bit subdued. Come join me at Saturdays game in Philly if you want to see a truly electric crowd.

1 Like

We are in the 400 level Friday. I’m a little worried about the stadium swaying up there.

1 Like

Yeah my friend and I were discussing the same thing. Unless FS1 had the crowd mics waaaaay down, and even then the shots of the crowd most of the time looked pretty calm/chill. It looked like they had the intensity up for the bottom of the 9th but that was about it.

I was listening on the Audacy app to the Phillies radio call. Not much crowd noise there either.

1 Like

You missed out on some hilariously bad broadcasting then. It was like an updated version of the Castellanos apology meme thing except with Yu Darvish worship.

Yu Darvish is pitching an absolute masterpiece tonight, the righty throws 74 different pitches at 38 different speeds and nobody can sit on a pitch, as there’s a drive deep to left field and that’ll be a solo shot for Bryce Harper off the incomparable future first ballot Hall of Famer Yu Darvish who’s had a blemish-free day, other than that one small mistake.

Darvish just throwing a gem of a game today, it’s a shame the Padres can’t give him any run support and just the one hit off that bum Wheeler. And what’s that? A little blood coming through his pants? My goodness, the toughness! This has Curt Schilling bloody socks vibes just oozing through the bloody pants there, where it appears Yu Darvish cleated himself in the knee. Yes, that’s right folks, the creativity is second-to-none, who else would think to kick themselves in the knee while pitching? Certainly not that Wheeler guy, but Darvish is just next level, as Schwarber hits a shallow fly ball to right field and whoa there’s a massive gust of wind, that ball’s going to drift back and wow a tornado just carried it into the upper deck, horrible break for Yu Darvish, who is going to get the Cy Young Award renamed after him if he keeps pitching like this, as the Phillies lead 2-0.

All while Wheeler had a no-no through 4 and delivered 7 innings of 1 hit ball.

2 Likes

400 level is a great place to watch a playoff game. I was in the 400s for the 2009 NLCS (PHI def LAD 11-0!!), and I think that’s where we are on Saturday as well. It certainly will be absurdly loud and you will probably feel some vibration, but I don’t recall any noticeable sway.

1 Like

Tough for a crowd to get overly hyped for 9 innings when their team doesn’t score.

1 Like

With the Eagles at 6-0, Philly is about to be the first team to ever win a World Series in front of an empty stadium

Nobody was beating Z.Wheeler yesterday afternoon. Can’t even say Sabo the dog’s Padres squandered their home field advantage last night. They did lose it, along with being down one in a best-of-7. Ouch. It’s not really a day game after a night game today, but it is a day game: 1:37pm start.

Series odds: Phillies -210; Padres +170.
Game #2: Phillies (Aa.Nola) -103 @ Padres (Snell) -115

I bet we paid more. The Mrs hates uncertainty so she jumped at the first ones she saw after we clinched the NLDS. Prices are down about $100 since then. My job is to somehow not mention this.

2 Likes