Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Snell is favored over Nola? How had Snell been of late. Nola has been on fire.

Snell was good down the stretch, his two post-season starts have been mixed. The line pretty much reflects the home field advantage. Philly is very small favorite at a neutral site, or of course, at home.

We actually have legal sports betting here, and have for a long time (across the imaginary line). I’ve tried looking up those LF lines, as they could have been “homer’d” here. Alas, it seems DraftKings has taken over running that book, and they got the same lines as anywhere else (Phillies -105 @ Padres -115).

only can get hyped against LA

Time for a couple of those puzzlingly annoying mid-thread polls…

Which team would you most want to see win the WS (not which team you handicap as most likely)
  • Astros
  • Padres
  • Phillies
  • Yankees

0 voters

Which team do you handicap as most likely to win the WS. Considering the Phillies are 1-0, and the Padres are 0-1, in the NLCS.
  • Astros
  • Padres
  • Phillies
  • Yankees

0 voters

i cannot even believe my choice is the astros

2022 has been so fucking weird

Trashtros are playing a counter to an usual transposition of the Catalan that that they miraculously looked at this morning while everyone else is playing checkers.

1 Like

GD M’s let the Astros off the hook. Imagine if we had SEA CLE SD and PHL final four. Gonna be a major underdog story to root for in the WS.

I’ve been to playoff baseball games in KC, Anaheim and now SD. The crowd was electric last night - especially given they had almost nothing to cheer for.

Almost the whole stadium was on their feet every time a Phillies batter got to strike 2.

I’d say 99.9% of fans were still in their seats until the last pitch. At Dodgers stadium that number would be so much less.

It was a good crowd. FS1 just fucks it up apparently.

1 Like

by far the most electric crowd is the freeway series (anaheim vs LA) whenever it is hosted in anaheim - it’s balls to the wall playoff vibes on every pitch, no matter the score, and there have been some great games in the last several years. Last time I went, the dodgers lost in the bottom of the 9th (maybe it was the 10th) after a heroic comeback in the most dodger fashion possible - they lost on a 3rd strike passed ball, which resulted in a wild throw to first and a runner scoring from 2nd. Lol. It’s typically a 50/50 fan mix.

I know when I think Electric Baseball Crowds I think Anaheim in late-July

3 Likes

I owe $130 for my ticket. Purchased on Monday at 10am direct from the Phillies ticket sale.

I hate you

1 Like

What a disaster inning for SD.

1 Like

dugout interviews in the middle of a game?

They were doing that in the NLDS too. Really weird. Leave the players alone until after the game imo.

Soto redemption time

1 Like

They’ve been doing on-field interviews this whole season, like mic’ing up players in the outfield and randomly asking them questions while balls are being pitched. kinda weird

Let’s go Padres. The SD fans need and deserve this.

2 Likes

Judge with a ridiculous catch to save at least two runs.

And then the fifth for Nola. Nola on Nola crime.