Major League Baseball (Part 1)

I dont know what stupid thing roberts is going to do but I’m just gonna nostradamus it and say he is going to do something stupid

1 Like

They were 3 plays away from sweeping the series and instead get swept.
Baseball!

im a genius

the classic roberts pitching change

I don’t understand how SDers are such good baseball fans and such terrible football fans. They lost their football team because they didn’t give a shit.

I’ve gone to a bunch of Chiefs @ Chargers (SD) games. Even when KC was bad and SD was good - it was still 50% Chiefs fans. The ratio got much much worse when the situation was reversed.

San Diego is the most cursed city left in American sports right? No championships ever? Maybe this year.

Sabo the dog’s Padres just…

2 Likes

Yeah this is a great crowd

They do broadcast MLB playoff games here. But I also have streaming service, so covered either way.

Man, not a good night for the Brewers’ GM. Leading the division when he traded Hader and then the team you traded him to and the other team you couldn’t catch for a wild card spot are in the NLCS.

When it’s 70 degrees and sunny in December, there are better things to do than to sit at home and watch Sunday football.

Yeah - same for playoff baseball. But they’re there, and going nuts.

I’m seriously surprised. Hatred of the Dodgers seems to have fired up an entire city.

In the last decade, the Dodgers have won 92, 94, 92, 91, 104, 92, 106, 106, and 111 games and the only World Series they have won was in the 60-win COVID season.

FYP

3 Likes

1 Like

Which one of these two NL Cinderellas is gonna earn the right to get cheated by the Trashtros?

Imagine being a fly on the wall back in ancient times when the season was 154 games long and someone said, “You know what would really make baseball better? Eight more completely meaningless games.”

Any given baseball game has so much variance that the playoffs are a crapshoot. Just award the championship to the team that wins the most regular season games. It’s the only fair way. Unless the Dodgers still lose, then award it to the team that spends the most money.

Of my terrible qualities, and I’m sure it’s a long list, reverse-jinxes are my worst. And yet I can’t help myself. Congrats to Sabo’s dog.

Fuck the Dodgers!

2 Likes

This 100%

Also fuck yes. Suck all the dicks LA

1 Like

Main difference between football and baseball in SD that is baseball can be a “leisurely family night out at the park,” whereas only the most hardcore fans attended Chargers football games.