Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Sabo was supposed to go to a Phillies game in 2019. The plan was to fly into Philly for the game, then fly to FL the next day for a week, seeing those two MLB teams and some MiLB. Earlier that season we had planned a turnaround to DFW to see the Rangers. I had already bought non-refundable game tix and parking for both trips.

Then AA switched scheduled planes the day before, which meant Sabo couldn’t fly to TX. At that point, I finally had more than enough with dealing with the airlines regarding my flying dog. Since then Sabo has been restricted to driving trips in CA or to AZ, NV.

Wow. That post is quite Herschel Walker like in the use of 3rd person.

2 Likes

Hopefully these amazing real extra innings playoff games will lead to the death of the Manfred Man at 2nd. I fear it’ll go the other way, and they’ll desecrate the playoffs too. Regardless, having different rules in the playoffs -vs- the regular season is stupid,stopid,stupid, and a clear sign of a failure.

1 Like

WTF there is a game in the 17th right now?

EDIT: Make it 18th.

Yeah I have it on the background like some kind of ambient torture

1 Like

Watching history unfold

I just turned on the TV to the Stros/Mariners game. Am I having a stroke?

Altuve 0 for 8

1 Like

Have a ticket for tomorrow and a flight booked in 8 hours if the mariners win.

Was a lot more hopeful 15 minutes ago.

I was already going back to Kansas City after the 4th game of the KC/HOU series in 2015. And an old friend of me and my buddies in KC who rarely goes back, also happened to be coming back.

When the Royals were down by 4 runs in the 8th in game 4, it looked like we’d have no playoff games to watch, and the whole mood would just suck. Instead the Royals made a miracle come back and we all went to game 5 together for a magical time.

Sports are stupid.

Easiest game of my life

Looks like Mariners completely emptied out the luckbox in Toronto.

If the Dodgers lose tonight they’ll make a rule that the top seed goes straight to the LCS. 5 game series NOT FAIR!!!

I know some of you enjoyed this 18 inning game but if you argue that this should happen in the reg season too

god no no no no no no no no

3 Likes

I went to this 18-inning game that started as a Bret Saberhagen/Nolan Ryan pitcher’s duel and ended with a throwing error on a play at 3rd. Maybe 15% of the fans remained to the end.

Some really fun baseball tonight.

I like Costas doing postseason baseball. Makes me want to watch more.

If you’re a Yankees fan, he’s a delight.

holy shit that inning was nuts, and the double steal, roberts going HAM

What’s MLB playoff coverage like in Japan? Do they air it there or do you need to stream?