Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Even though he didn’t have a big game, Sabo the dog’s Padres got that W in the Darvish start. Which sets up game #3 at 1-1 and guarantees a game #4… both in Petco. We’re not going, but it’s the first fans-in-the-stands playoff game since 2006, and the first ever -vs- the hated Dodgers.

As always, for the last 54 seasons, it’s on the friars to step up to the challenge here. Pulling the big upset, and sweeping these two at home, would be a great leap forward in turning the Biggest Unrequited Rivalry in MLB into the Biggest New Rivalry.

Odds: Dodgers (Gonsolin) -120 @ Padres (Snell) +102

Regardless of how the games go, and the state of the to-be rivalry, it’s going to be insane in the Gaslamp this weekend. Nothing can ever beat 1984, that can never be relived. But that spirit can be recollected, right now.

2 Likes

in 2014 he had a 1.77 era and then 7.82 in the post season - he gets more flack than he should though, they had a habit of putting him into impossible situations a lot

speaking of 80s baseball, RIP to the guy who for boyhood me will always be the yin of kingman’s yang

fireman

3 Likes

Since the start of the pandemic we’ve lost HOFers…

Aaron, Brock, Ford, Gibson, Kaline, Lasorda, Morgan, Niekro, Seaver, Sutter, and Sutton.

Judge is 0 for 8 with 7K’s so far

1 Like

Do you take Sabo the dog with you inside Petco?

Usually. He’s been to over 20 games there.

4 Likes

Lol, I was on padres reddit and I think someone mentioned you. Small world.

1 Like

I’m on edge right now BIGLY.

1 Like

3 Likes

Fuck yes, one more you bastards

2 Likes

wow Musgrove grew up there and is going for the pads in game 4. Extremely rare to see being a pro in the same area you grew up in these days.

They don’t let non-service dogs into the playoff games. I decided not to go to these playoff games, in LA or SD, so that we can watch them together.

I’m sorry in advance for your doggie’s feelings, but there’s no way the Padres beat these Dodgers. Enjoy the moment, though.

1 Like

lol braves. that’sashame.haha

2 Likes

So the wife likes to go to big events so I think we just overpaid for nosebleeds of the NLCS game 1. I think there will be a bit of a price dip once more than three pairs are listed on stubhub.

But she is happy which has a lot of value.

We went to the NFC championship game and it’s a great memory.

You already know where this is being played? Couldn’t you fund the purchase with some Back to the Future style bets?

Leggo stros

:fu:

1 Like

Actually game 3. Nice reference. Tom Wilson (Biff) is from our township.

Maybe we can find some guy and his dog to but the tickets at a hefty mark-up.