Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Wonder if the phils can surprise. :vince1:

1 Like

No

1 Like

The spirit of the Krukster might just

I like their lineup, but Nola and Wheeler can both be hit

Phillies hitless after 8 innings against the Astros.

Edit: jinx them.

My yearly reminder that this play-all-closing-day-games-simultaneously is simply stupid, stupid, stupid.

I love it, but that’s probably because it’s way better for fantasy sweats.

And with that inning pitched, Shohei Ohtani has become the first Major League Baseball player to qualify as both pitcher and hitter in the same season since the mountain gorilla was discovered on October 17, 1902.

7 Likes

Goatani

1 Like

he was perfect through 4, but in a jam in the 5th

He’s been dealing with a blister. That’s why he came out early.

Wow this is wild.

https://twitter.com/Athletics/status/1577798889150685185

5 Likes

Was looking at his stats and saw he played his first year with the Rays, so thought that video of his first hit was wrong, but he managed to go 0 for 25 with the Rays. Looks like he started 0 for his first 33 (with only 2 walks), before getting that HR. Incredibly, he only struck out twice in those 33 ABs. The odds of putting 31 balls in play and no hits has to be miniscule.

6 Likes

Yes that’s exactly right, I pulled the game logs as well, saw 0/27 PA (2 BB) in 1st season, and thought I had pulled the wrong Stephen Vogt.

I just looked at Vogt’s stats and they are a lot worse than I thought they were. He did have two All-Star appearances (I assume those were some bad A’s teams), though. Even if he didn’t, a decade-long MLB career is pretty great stuff. I remember his one partial season with the Brewers he was pretty solid.

And he seemed to be adored everywhere he went, so I say thumbs-up on a wonderful career.

“Knowing that I could come this close without steroids, it feels really stupid to just not have taken them and set the all-time record. What is seventh all-time, really? Who cares about some asterisked, qualified victory? What, I really remained steroid-free just so I can walk around forever explaining to people that, yeah, I hit the most home runs, except for all those other guys, who hit more than me, and some people think those shouldn’t count, but of course they do count, because they happened? What’s the point of that? If I just did fucking steroids, I bet I’d have the real record all to myself. God, it would have felt amazing—not just for me, but for the fans, too, to see some jacked-up hulk swat his 80th home run halfway to the goddamn clouds. Tell me that wouldn’t have been worth it.”

At press time, Judge was reportedly putting out feelers to get his hands on some steroids for next season.

1 Like

My OOTP strat was always cheaping out on solid defensive Cs and my god some of the statlines my guy’s had …

Somehow worse than NFL yesterday.

fuck-canada

1 Like

GOOD VIBES ONLY