Major League Baseball (Part 1)

They really need to cut the reg season by a lot and get to these real games faster. I’d be fine with letting every fuckin’ team if they’d do, like, 100 game season and then a full 2 months of games that matter.

The two extremes are…

1. One pool, no playoffs. Each team plays 5 (vs 12 other teams) -or- 6 (vs 17) games against every other team, for 162 total. Five games/week for 32.5 weeks. Dodgers win.

2. No regular season, all playoffs. The two finalists from the previous season get a first round bye. All 5 rounds are best 4 out of 7. Start a new series every week. Five game days/week for up to 30.5 weeks. Dodgers prolly win.

Is there any reason we shouldn’t be betting the under on every single playoff game?

I dunno but having 62 games left and teams like the Pirates are 30-70 sucks. Gimme more of these games today and give them to me sooner than now. Baseball is great when the games matter. Ideally it shouldn’t overlap with NFL as much as it does.

Cardinals 93-0 in playoffs with a 2 run lead after the 8th.

1 Like

Got my lucky jersey on…

2 Likes

93-1

1 Like

Are we ready to Lolmets?

1 Like

1 Like

https://twitter.com/birbigs/status/1578561176002523137

4 Likes

Wtf the wild card playoffs are just best of 3? Could’ve sworn it was best of 5.

Just awful. So shitty to have these extra games.

Fucking Scherzer.

Well last few years it was best of 1 and people hated it.

These seems a bit better. I still don’t like that a division winner has to participate in this nonsense but I get that have 4 best of 3 series over the opening weekend should guarantee some drama and buzz the sport needs.

I think then the LDS is now a best of 5?

Yepper.

So we’re heading to extra innings in the Guardians game. Real honest normal extra innings, not this crap with zombies on 2nd, as in the regular season. WTF, how does this make even a lick-o-sense ???/?

JRam just made one of the best plays I’ve ever seen.

That was a ridiculous play at third.

1 Like

ridiculous scoop too

score 3 runs in 2 and a half games

2 wins and 0 losses

Sheesh.

Get to pretend to be interested in baseball for a little while longer.