Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Maybe the RSNs will go away. Or go bankrupt.

Why do these owners and media companies hate free market capitalism so much?

1 Like

I tried using vpn’s it wasn’t working, and I also had location/gps off as well. I figured it’s probably them just using your billing address you gave them or something. I didn’t try that hard to get around it.

Yeah this is the year I finally said fuck it and gave zero dollars to watch baseball other than what’s on YoutubeTV. I’m not buying into this stupid carnival barker musical streaming bullshit.

1 Like

That screenshot was from my phone. I just tried Roku and same thing. It’s weird. I’ve never had that happen unless the Brewers were playing the Braves. If it occurs again tomorrow, I’ll inquire.

I don’t use a VPN.

EDIT: It’s something with my ISP. I just tried turning off wifi on my phone and just going 5G and I could watch the game.

EDIT 2: I just checked my IP address and sure enough, for some reason it’s New Jersey. I’ll check it tomorrow if I have time and then call the cable company. Very strange.

1 Like

Padres giving out these corny ass surfboards to Pujols and Yadi.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ImTylerMorrison/status/1572399452790607875/photo/1

I’m still not over the 2006 nlds where I attended both games and Pujols single handedly beat us in each of them.

You’re honoring this guy??? Cmon

dumb af

Power cycling the cable modem/router/etc will often get you a new IP address.

Yeah, I was thinking that. I’m working at home by myself tomorrow, so that will be a good opportunity to do it so I don’t knock my wife off a work call.

1 Like

i cant remember but im pretty sure what websites see is your router’s public gateway address, which is assigned by your ISP, and restarting may not change this

True.

Speaking of Sabo the dog’s Padres, they won their 82nd game tonight. That clinches a winning record. They haven’t had a winning record since 2010*, two years before he was born, and four years before he became Sabo. It’s not easy being a Padres fan.

Right now 538 has his Padres at 95% to make the playoffs. The last season they made the playoffs was 2006*, a dog generation before he was born. It’s not easy being a Padres fan, but Sabo “keeps the faith”

'* Not counting the gimmick covid 0.37 season of 2020… as that doesn’t really count, now does it?

2 Likes

Oh ya to go along with my “there should be a hit by pitch zone” I would like to add a batting practice screen in front of the pitcher during games and call the batter out if it gets hit.

Also there should be no foul territory! They’ve got nets up now, just put seats right up to the first baseline.

And another thing, 3 balls should be a walk, that’s fucking bullshit the pitcher gets an extra mistake.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

That’d be a fun way to speed up games, start all hitters 1-1 like it’s slowpitch softball.

Or we’d just see even more three-true-outcome PAs, idk

I’ve got it. Just give the pitcher his own supply of baseballs and let him throw as fast as he wants. If the batter isn’t ready, that’s his problem.

2 Likes

Re: Boomers using Judge to try to erase Bonds

I’m ok with all sports writers mentioning that Barry Bonds is a cheating cheater that cheated when they talk about what a good season Judge is having, if that’s what you want?

Should they have to say “Aaron Judge is having the best offensive season of all time, if you don’t count all the bullshit seasons that proven cheater Barry Bonds had, which we don’t, because fuck that guy” every time?

Is R.Clemens being ‘cancelled’ now too? Or do white pitchers get a pass, while black hitters do not?

Is he in the hall?

No. I meant to ask about those particular humans who were aged 22-40 when Bonds was a rookie. Is that arbitrary grouping also conspiring to ‘cancel’ Clemon’s statistics and awards too?