Major League Baseball (Part 1)

top 2 in saves just got traded for one another

that would’ve led to multiple strokes from TV pundits 20 years ago

1 Like

anyway, in what if news, the brewers got hader as a prospect from the carlos gomez trade, but they had agreed to a deal with the mets first for zach wheeler and wilmer flores but decided wheeler off tommy john wasn’t worth it, now they traded hader for four guys, those trade trees and well that mets trade would’ve ended up better even as dominant as hader was for the brewers (though I guess they don’t pay wheeler now so maybe that’s moot), they just didn’t want to pay him so he’s gone

1 Like

Lol closers and lol saves. Oakland figured out 20 years ago that you can put anybody with one good pitch in the closer role and voila he’s Mr. Clutch 30 saves.

eh, hader until whatever that was in july was the best reliever in baseball for a few years

he just had a kid in june though, those sleepless nights

1 Like

2022 9

This isn’t Sabo the dog’s last game of the season… however, as the schedule now stands, this is the final. Sabo’s Padres Single A team, the Lake Elsinore Storm, set this all up with a 7-6 11-inning victory in game #8 back on June 29th. Sabo, as always, enjoyed his trip to Lake Elsinore… and I enjoyed that Elsinore is the closest of the three Inland Empire MiLB teams. Fittingly, Sabo is back to viewing MLB action, as the SDDC is decided.

Game #9: Colorado Rockies @ San Diego Padres; August 1st, 6:40 pm. A San Diego win would clinch the 2022 SDDC Championship with a 3-0 organizational record. OTOH a Rockies win would clinch the Championship for the D’backs, with a 2-0 organizational record. Source: Captains.

Lamet was good, remember he had some nasty stuff.

oh well, you can trade a piece and still contend. Hader had a catastrophic blown save a couple weeks back. who knows?

Dan Plesac breathing a sigh of relief. His franchise save record is safe.

Judge has more homeruns on august 1st, that would’ve led the national league at the end of the year for all but 2 seasons since 2009

and homeruns are down solidly across the board

1 Like

yeah man he’s been something to watch. easiest 400ft homerun to left center ever just now. on page for 64/65 :flushed:

Hope he leaves the Yankees because he seems really easy to root for

1 Like

ha, i just said this to my buddy. come to cleveland!

1 Like

Plesac is a great “let’s remember some guys” guy.

he was just brilliant in an on-field interview after his walkoff mash Thursday

Zero chance he leaves the Yankees. He’s the MLB equivalent of the franchise qb.

https://twitter.com/Exit52Podcast/status/1554142583273754628

It’s not zero. I’d say it’s like 20-25% and no I don’t want to bet on it

Happy DeGrom Day!

Hope his arm doesn’t fall off.

Pitchers these days are a bunch of babies, one time I saw Jack Morris throw 10 innings with his right arm and when it fell off he pitched 5 more innings with is left arm and then he pitched a 9 inning gem (just 8 runs allowed in a 9-8 WIN) the next day using only his mustache and gumption.

3 Likes

Had a dream last night that I had a dream about a million dollar baseball idea, and I woke up in the fake dream and told myself to write it down before I forgot it. So full on dream-within-a-dream Inception scenario. This morning, I’m thinking “there’s some idea I had that I was supposed to write down” and then it hit me.

I’m sure you’re dying to here this after such an epic build up: It was MLB-flavored candies, sort of like Tootsie Rolls but better. I bit into a candy in this dream that tasted like Shohei Ohtani—strawberries and cream I think but can’t remember the exact flavor combo. Red and cream swirl pattern. It was at that moment I realized Trout had a slightly different flavor, like cherries and cream.

The candies are individually wrapped in slightly different packaging and come in two varieties: team packs and a league boxed set. There were exactly two representatives from each team, with the team packs having a 2x2 configuration and the league set containing the full assortment of players at 1x60. I also very explicitly recall the boxed set price was (tentatively) $60; I don’t believe there was a price for the team pack but something between $5 and $10 would make sense working backward.

As far as the candies themselves, they were considerably larger than a Tootsie Roll with same form factor, but much softer / chewier with a two-color swirl. The wrappers were also Tootsie style but higher quality with the team name and logo, player name, and jersey number. Both products were boxed in a similar way that quality assortment chocolates are packaged with the underside of the box lid detailing each candy’s info.

1 Like