Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Nobody in the US associates “gypped” with hate anyway, I would guess at least 99% of Americans wouldn’t know the context.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/status/1548669420901466112

2 Likes

Anybody know why LA/LAA arent playing today? Something to do with setting up the All star game?

Is that normal or did someone fuck the scheduling?

I think it was out of pity for the Angels

3 Likes

dodgers/angels season series is only 4 games, 2 and 2. I guess everyone had one of these with another league team

Arent 2 and 2 series almost always during the week though? Im pretty sure ive never seen a 2 and 2 series on a Friday/Saturday

It’s a new normal.

They added half a week to the schedule a few years ago. Teams play 4 interleague games vs 2 teams yearly: 2 home and 2 away. Previously they would schedule split 4-game series: 2 at one venue followed immediately with 2 at the other venue. This season they decided to scrap the split 4-game series and use that extra 1/2 week to have two 2-game series instead. Now, they sometimes schedule those 2-game series over a weekend, and we get teams having Friday or Sunday off. Which, as you noted, was highly unusual previously.

2 Likes

Well hot damn I didnt know any of this. Thanks for the explainer

1 Like

Seattle into the break with 14 in a row in the bag. Upcoming games include 13 of 19 against the Astros and Yankees. Seems like an important stretch.

4 Likes

MLB Draft in 3 minutes on ESPN. more kids of former pros expected to go in the top 5

2 Likes

I barely follow baseball anymore, so I had to look it up, but it’s amazing that they’re on a 14 game winning streak and 10 games out of first. Houston is 15-5 in their last 20, hard to make up any ground if they’re doing that.

a starting pitcher is first in K’s, first in K/9, 3rd in ERA, 4th in AVG given up in the AL

baseball “not an all star”

Cease

also the Cubs previously traded him and eloy for a meh pitcher gjge you god damn idiots

Heads up games will be huge. Also, really hoping Hjerpe is still on the board when the M’s pick. My new favorite name in baseball.

2 Likes

I’m going to be pissed if this fucks his swing up for the rest of the year.

1 Like

fun derby

Jeets documentary hype!

1 Like

YEAH JEEETS

1 Like

it’s so good!

The All-Star Game audio is horrible. All I can hear is the announcers.

images (2)