Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Also julio rodriguez is a superstar

1 Like

you know the Orioles aren’t bad

they’re not good but they’re not bad, been kinda just betting them until the books figure out they’re not terrible

Ohtani leads MLB in average 1B reach times. Definitely a freak, jury still out on very weird dude.

1 Like

I see this every time I see the name Rodriguez:

Which makes me think of this:

3 Likes

The bullpen was insanely bad in may but they’ve somehow turned it around.

I don’t know what it’s at now, but a couple weeks ago they were hitting .050 with the bases loaded, which is super frustrating to watch.

And yeah, Julio is a beast and will be a Yankees/Dodgers/Mets legend.

Their outfield is horrible. Herrera talks awful routes. Schwarber and Castellenos wave at balls going past them.

Going by dWar, they have both been pretty bad defenders for many years in a row. So this isn’t surprising.

The idea is that the two of them would get the bulk of the DH at bats. Harpers are injury (before the thumb) put him at DH. Dombrowski has to get a quality defensive CF now.

A certain local product would fit in perfectly

He doesn’t want to leave the Angels.

Plus apparently has said he likes his relative anonymity out west and feels like he couldn’t go out in public here if he played for the Phillies.

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1545001343991037954

1 Like

Not bad fot a DH who is also the fastest player in the league.

2 Likes

Crazy how many stats exist in baseball. It’s a boner for math nerds.

Surprising how few people steal despite being insanely fast. Rickey Henderson must have been godlike to steal so often in the 80s. I mean was he really that much faster than the players of today?

It was such a different game. He was fast but he was also highly skilled at getting a lead and a jump.

1 Like

sort by hp to 1b, hes the fastest. Thats what lawnmower put here yesterday

in highschool i set record for steals, i had a 4.4ish first base time… a season in coaches stopped telling catchers to try to throw me out because on error I’d score a lot from second. still look fondly back on that time, being a cocky 16 year old taking leads nearly halfway to second while taunting the pitcher.

in mlb it’s super hard. you gotta be able to take a big enough lead to not get picked off (if it’s a lefty pitcher gg they’re pretty much allowed to balk) and the avg catcher throw is 2 seconds, most pitchers are in the order of 1.1-1.4 seconds to home plate. so even if you’re an elite 4.11 HP to 1B runner you’re gonna have to be able to get 3.3-3.5 seconds from first to second to even have a chance in hell. that’s super fuckin quick or requires a really ballsy lead.

in highschool it’s obviously much much much easier when you can pick up signs a lot easier, and pitchers have much more obvious tells that they’re going for the bag. mlb pitchers have insanely fast moves for the most part

1 Like

I thought you were talking about the batter. Stand corrected.

The stats say stealing bases doesn’t add much value and risks losing an out so it’s just not really part of the modern game.

So lame. Small ball is fun to watch.Turning baseball into golf makes it kind of lame imo

The one thing i noticed about baseball is no matter what happens people complain its boring and used to be better.

Last few years they juiced the balls everyone homers people complain. This year they nerf the balls no one homers people complain. Baseball is just boring. The only thing people should focus on is making it faster. Max 3 pitcher changes a game, pitch clock and ohtani on every team