Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Kinda ridiculous that changes to a baseball can be ordered by MLB but they are under no obligation to tell the teams and players.

If that was done in football, teams/players would go absolutely insane.

No complaints about Acuna’s hit though. I’m a Mets fan :slight_smile:

well, you can complain now, a met player yesterday had a 95.4%… and it twas a flyout

brian o’nora is at it again today I see

can you just go back to getting caught in sex stings

Future HOFer Garrett Whitlock is perfect through 3 with 6 Ks. Absolutely filthy. It reminds me of the night Clemens struck out 20 Seattle Mariners.

lol Yankees

The Ted Sox are playing the Angels. What happened to the Yankees?

Sox took him from Yankees in the rule 5 draft

1 Like

That’s makes it all the better.

I find fantasy baseball bewildering and perplexing.

The reds have won one of their last 20 games

1 Like

That 18-4 win was technically a come from behind victory.

1 Like

I bet St. Louis and watched in disbelief.

I mean, the players are losing on purpose, right? They actually looked competent in first four games @ ATL. Then that failson dipshit said “fuck you where ya gonna go?” and they started losing games by 19 runs.

It’s May 5 and the Reds are 13.5 games back. They are also:

• Last in runs allowed (156 — only 4 other teams have allowed even 110)
  • Third last in runs scored (74 — the two teams below them have played fewer games)
  • Last in run differential (-82 — next worst is -39)
  • Last in team ERA (nearly two full runs worse than the next-worst team)
  • Last in quality starts (none!)
  • Second last in team batting average (one point above the Mendoza line)
  • Last in OPS
  • Only trailing their Pythagorean W-L by a single game.

This is all-time bad. Like ‘62 Mets bad.

2 Likes

Their starting pitchers all have ERAs over 5.00. None of their regulars is hitting .300 (lol batting average, but still).

Some of their terrible 3-21 record is just bad luck though. Their Pythagorean record is 5-19!

2 Likes

That’s why I don’t play it.

That and I’m too lazy for daily roster maintenance.

1 Like

I had a 1/33 a couple weeks ago, and yesterday I was in first place and second place was closer to 12th than he was to me. I too find it bewildering

1 Like

This is weird as fuck.

https://twitter.com/BALLYSPORTSAZ/status/1521902706142720000

https://twitter.com/BenVerlander/status/1521916147246899201

Surprises me that there is no procedure for checking a pitcher’s hand. I guess if there was, it’d basically tell pitchers where to hide the substance they’re using.

The ump could at least move his eyes around to make it look like he’s looking for a substance hidden on his hat or neck or something.

How many umpires do you think are on the take this year? There has to be way more umps/refs in sports involved in fixing games than we know.