Major League Baseball (Part 1)

I think Snitker had done well managing his pitching staff until now. No reason to not PH for Davidson in the second. They really have no option but scrubs til the 5th or so. Just a question of young scrubs or old ones.

I’ve probably watched the pizza clip 15-20 times and I never fail to laugh out loud despite knowing exactly what’s coming.

2 Likes

Intense

1 Like

Wait… they’ve only been doing the chop in Atlanta since 1991? I thought it was persistent because it had been around for generations. What abject cowardice from Silver

If I recall correctly, it started from when they acquired Deion Sanders (who played college football at Florida State, where “the chop” originated).

Looked like he touched the bag, why didn’t the Braves challenge?

Good question. No idea.

1 Like

He got all of that one.

https://twitter.com/trevorplouffe/status/1377335343108657154
Rigged.

Hard not to be happy for Freddie Freeman

1 Like

Braves!

3 Likes

Cha-ching!! gg

1 Like

one can only hope the pearl-clutching will replace the racist chop.

gg. first team i ever saw win the ws as a kid.

Remember how back in the day we’d put our names in that box inside the front cover of our textbooks and we could see the kids who had it before us? Well, my wife had Walt Weiss’s textbook in high school, so as far as I’m concerned, she is a part of this World Series title.

4 Likes
6 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/extrabaggs/status/1456013034980212738?t=1RAnEo-0zE8tTEctffxWmQ&s=09

Woah

Good for him. Catching is hard and he’s 34. Why spend 4 more years as a middling first baseman if his heart isn’t in it? He’s got 3 rings and likely a spot in the HOF.

1 Like

Im happy for him, just caught a little off guard after such a great year.

This does clear up the Joey Bart situation that was coming down the pike likely next year too, which is a hidden plus. Casali isnt great but makes for a durable backup, so the battery should be fine next year without Posey, plus it frees up a ton of salary room.

So while in the immediate this seems like a pretty big negative, there are certainly some positive outcomes that will coincide with the decision.

Castellanos opts out after a career year. Maybe the Dodgers can land him. They need the help.

Since the Braves’ stadium and part of the parade are in the county in which I live, the county’s schools were cancelled today. Great way to get my kids to convert from Brewers to Braves fans.